Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of talented professionals in entertainment media, post production, visual effects information technology. Our mission is to provide powerful, reliable, and innovative technology services and leadership to creative companies by combining specialized industry expertise with excellence in engineering. Our vision is to expand GPL’s presence globally, building an elite force of technology specialists focused on empowering creatives to achieve new heights. Our clients are movie studios, VFX shops and online streaming media companies. We empower creatives to create content.
The Service Desk Engineer is a client-facing role that requires fortitude, patience, and extremely quick thinking to be successful; a fulfilling career with a great team and upward mobility is the reward. If you're proactive, ambitious, hands-on, and thrive in a fast-paced support or help desk environment, please read on!
- Provide front-line phone support to clients via remote assistance
- Triage client issues and rapidly resolve or escalate to Project Engineers or Senior Engineers.
- Perform day-to-day System Administration of client environments, including but not limited to system monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity management.
- Clearly document actions taken in our ticketing system. Work with senior engineers to ensure client environments are healthy and SLA goals are met.
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to emergency calls as required in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor certifications and engage in continuing self-improvement studies
RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS (Not Mandatory)
- Active Directory administration
- Basic networking – firewall rules, switch VLAN and ACL configuration, wireless troubleshooting.
- Windows/Mac/Linux everyday tasks and endpoint administration.
- Comprehensive Office 365 support abilities.
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation abilities, writing at college level and communicating regularly.
- Utilizes remote monitoring and management tools to troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Shows initiative in learning new skills and researching ways to do their job more effectively.
- Basic Media & Entertainment LOB support (Maya, Nuke, Deadline, etc). Understands license servers and how to add licenses, reset services, etc.
- Microsoft MTA: IT Infrastructure.
- Microsoft MCSA: Office 365.
- Cisco CCNA.
- Red Hat RHCSA.
- Palo Alto PCNSE
- EMC ISA
- Dell EMC Associate - PowerEdge
- Dell EMC Associate - Networking
- ITIL Foundation
GPL offers an excellent compensation package commensurate with the skills and experience this position requires. If you’re interested in improving and exceeding your professional and financial career goals and want to work with some of the industry’s best, contact us about joining our team!