Manager Client Services
BTS management team and staff
Business executives and staff at all levels
Service providers and vendors: technical and delivery managers and senior management
Assist the Service Desk Manager in ensuring that all of the above should be undertaken whilst also ensuring that all activities within the service comply within all three Councils Constitutions, standing orders, policies, financial regulations, health and safety, equality and safeguarding responsibilities and to ensure that obligations are met under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act
Manage the team responsible for operating the first line component of the Service Desk within the ICT Shared Service. To provide leadership and develop a Customer First culture within the team as they represent the main route for all customers to access the ICT Services
Contribute to and deliver improvements that support the continuous improvement of processes and controls within the team, adopting ITIL best practices where possible
Technical Requirements –
Other Requirements –
- looking for those who can work in permanent night shift
- Looking for 5+ years as a Service Desk lead/Manager
Manage the service desk team and evaluate performance
- Communicating with executives and business stakeholders
- Hands on experience with ticketing tools like remedy & service now.
- Escalate to 2nd and 3rd line support teams, inform senior management teams of P1/P2
- The ability to build a cohesive team and to manage people effectively. This includes the ability to coach and develop the team.
- A thorough understanding of the strategic vision for the service desk and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team.
- An ability to balance and plan the short-term actions of the team.
- Delivery, with the full ownership and responsibility of, the 24 hour service desk operations, to agreed SLA performance levels, includes the resourcing of both employed and flexible resourcing to meet the demands of the service.
- Manage and oversee, using industry best practice, the on-boarding, acceptance and integration of new services, in line with project timescales, to be supported by the service desk.
- Provide detailed best practice Service Desk reporting to include Operational Performance, Continual Service Improvement and Trend analysis.
- Ensure customer service specially on calls is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Recruit, train and support service desk representatives and technicians
- Set specific customer service standards
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on service desk team’s productivity
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to Management and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive Ticket and develop strategies for improvement. Monitor and manage phone queue
- Certifications and hands-on exposure with skillsets in relevant areas
- Must have strong communication skills (Verbal and Written) and the ability to articulate task management, priorities, and issues, participate in customer visits, conference calls, and assisting with defining the scope of services tasks
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Hands on experience with help desk and remote control software
- Experience of ITIL methodology
- Degree in Computing and or IT discipline