Remote (Tokyo Relocation Available)
Are You Looking…
- To make a difference at the fastest growing tech company in Japan?
- For a fair working environment where anyone regardless of their background can make an impact
- To have complete ownership of your project
- Forward to work in a highly flexible, remote-first organization
- To simply have a ton of fun?
We Are Zeals
A communication tech company based out of Tokyo, Japan. We are a group of scrappy and hungry bunch from different walks of life, looking to make an actual impact on the way people and businesses communicate through our AI Chatbot technology. We obsess over bringing hospitality to everyone--be it our customers or you! You’re an individual with unique needs. As an employer we are ready to roll-up our sleeves and change the status quo if it means to make your experience better!
Everyone matters here at Zeals--regardless of their background. Be it a young coding prodigy (Yes, our CTO just turned 22) to someone who hardly speaks Japanese. Everyone has a voice. We went from a small, humble apartment to a 300 people organization across multiple time zones (with no sign of stopping) in the span of 7 years--all that thanks to our members’ contributions. So, if you join us, get ready to raise up your voice and spend your time contributing to projects that matter!
Our last 2 years have been phenomenal and we are still growing (with so much untapped potential). While we can’t attract you with ping-pong tables or all-you-can-drink espresso bars. We can promise you full flexibility on your workstyle and co-workers that you can brag about to your friends, family or anyone you meet the next time you go out for a party!
Your Typical Day With Us
- Ensuring our entire system and infrastructure are both functional and thoroughly available
- Designing infrastructure that can scale in tandem with our growing business needs
- Continuously improving CI/CD pipelines
- Promoting best practices and engineering excellence
- Works closely with IaC whilst managing multiple environments it possess
- Always vigilant and attentive towards security—granting access to users only when it is absolutely necessary.
- Design, implement, and improve data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse
- Monitor existing system, serving as first responder to any potential incident
What You Bring
- 2+ years of experience working with either AWS or GCP
- At least a year of experience working with Kubernetes
- At least a year of experience working with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins and ArgoCD
- 2+ years of experience in monitoring systems using Stackdriver and Datadog.
What Makes you Stand Out
- Ability to design a proper VPC network structure
- Proficiency with BigQuery or Cloud Dataflow to build data pipelines or analytics good environment
- Experience in designing CRM application or similar databases
- Experience in designing online payment system
- Previous experience with a large traffic system--ideally platform with 10 million users and above.
- From Zeals - good things come from giving your all
- Bet on Paradox - be a maverick and never settle for just good enough
- United Will - teamwork is the heart to every achievement
What We Can Give You in Return
- Salary Range : competitive
- Bonus : twice
- Performance review: twice a year
- Holidays: 10 days paid holidays during the first year, weekend off, national holidays, summer and winter break.