JOIN OUR AMAZING TECH TEAM!
We are always looking for new talent to join us in our mission to optimize time tracking. As one of the largest, award-winning, and top-selling app vendors in the Atlassian Ecosystem, we hire only the best and brightest.
What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing, to resource management, to cost tracking, we are proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately we have been expanding into new ecosystems, most recently Zendesk. It’s an exciting time, with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon!
Our reach is wide: we are happy to support more than 20,000 customers all over the world. We are looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Canada, and the USA.
Join us and discover the thrill of being part of a team that are not only digging deep in automation, AI and cool tech but also builds great and reliable products our teams and customers’ love!
About The Job
We at Tempo are looking for a Senior Software Developer for Site Reliability Engineering to find innovative ways to optimize the development pipeline, runtime performance and the availability and efficiency of all our cloud applications and services. If cloud security, reliability, performance, and cost optimizations, are projects that you find exciting and you have hands-on experience operating large scale cloud services, we may well have the job for you!
The Role Involves
- Developing the solutions for scalability and performance challenges to keep our high-availability products up and running.
- Supporting developers with continuously delivering their software to the Tempo cloud platform.
- Ensuring reliability, responding to outages and supporting the team in resolving pressing and complex technical issues.
- Proactively find ways to optimize our platform to ensure effective scalability and operational cost reductions.
- Supporting various initiatives regarding cloud security, including identity verification, access controls, and permissions.
- Tracking cloud performance and statistics and managing alerts to deploying new hosts and debugging complex production issues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has experience developing in environments with microservices, SOA or other distributed computing environment
- Develops, deploys and maintains large scale, multi-tenant applications.
- Has an impressive track record in managing and working with cloud platforms and cloud automation and monitoring tools. Our stack includes AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ, Datadog. Experience working with these tools or alternative tools in a production setting is a must.
- Has a solid understanding of configuration management and engineering for large scale websites and/or products, including networking, databases, and operating systems.
- Has a deep understanding of distributed version control systems like Git, including branching and merging strategies.
- Has important know-how of software build tools (we use Maven) and continuous integration tools.
- Is proactive and creative in identifying ways to improve systems and their reliability
- Is passionate about automation: We strongly believe in the benefits that repeatable environments bring to a software organization.
What's In It For You
- Remote work!
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada & Iceland
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only!