Rakuten Travel Xchange is a hotel distribution service providing travel retailers around the world with easy access to hotel rates and inventories through a single source. Travel businesses will be able to manage their entire hotel inventory needs from a single API connection, via a tailored web portal or template solutions, or its Travel Agent Portal, without spending valuable resources on integrating multiple supply partners.
The main tools we leverage for our Accommodation API include Golang, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, and Jenkins. This enterprise solution requires back-end engineers with a keen eye for efficiency, consistency, and simplicity in code, and the ability able to collaborate with others to identify the best solution to complex problems are attributes of our team that allow us to stay ahead of our competition.
As a Site Reliability Lead on our API team, you will be tasked with defining best practices for engineering teams and guiding them to get deep insights into their applications in production, You will continuously refine monitoring processes, thresholds, and configuration, You will help people how to build a reliable application
We are primarily interested in finding the right people, and this position can be either remote or based in our Singapore HQ. Please state your preference in your application. Compensation in line with local market conditions.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Support and maintenance services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Engage in improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception through deployment, operations, and refinement.
- Analyze logs and telemetry data by writing monitoring and automation code
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during service-impacting events.
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure improvements, and process enhancements.
- You will ensure all building blocks are in place for teams to be self-sufficient (tooling)
- You will facilitate and improve the release management pipeline and defining what is production-ready
- At least 5 – 8 years of relevant engineering work experience on large-scale software projects and at least 1-3 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Intensive experience developing and leading successful projects for web services with stateless horizontal scaling and event-driven architecture.
- Good understanding of the Golang programming language and database management.
- Knowledge of CI/CD such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.
- Familiarity with web application servers such in Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience using various technologies like APIs, Microservices, Kubernetes, SQL, Golang, gRPC, MessagePack, Streaming.
- Experience in Cloud Platform.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief, or age.