The successful candidate will work with relevant department(s) to create and develop systems within the organisation to increase productivity in the workplace accordingly. You will build, test and maintain the applications, infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development and release of software. Where relevant, the successful candidate works to balance various aspects of a project, most of them complex issues such as programming and network building
- works directly with the DevOps team and Senior DevOps manager to test system integrity
- participates in architecture and software development activities
- design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- test implemented designs
- build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning accordingly
- handle code deployments in all environments
- uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
- provide technical guidance and assistance to team members on development and operations
- document and design various processes; update existing processes
- follow all best practices and procedures as established by the organisation
- work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- degree in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study
- knowledge in:
- software development with Java, C/C++ etc.
- CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab or Jenkins
- Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Cloud platforms and technologies such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Agile software development methodology
- experience with software development, infrastructure development and operations
- analytical thinking and problem-solving
- strong communication skills (verbal and written)