Must reside in Australia/New Zealand Responsibilities
- Experience managing an inbound request queue and assisting prospects and customers with online chat, email, and phone correspondence.
- Familiarity with the needs of software development and IT operations teams.
- Basic understanding of application lifecycle management including the technology commonly used in application lifecycle management.
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices, including the cultural shift it represents and the benefits to building and shipping software upon adopting those practices.
- Experience in a role that puts customer needs above all else.
- Product demo experience.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, and Conversational Development.
- Comfortable with frequent client phone calls to explain hard-to-understand concepts and deployment options.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Affinity with software and the software development process
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- 3+ years experience in sales, marketing, or customer service
- Experience with CRM and email automation software is highly preferred
- An understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook .
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page .
- Selected candidates will be invited to the following:
- A phone or video conference screen with the recruiter. This takes 30 minutes and helps our recruiting team align your interests and qualifications with the right opening on the sales team.
- A video conversation with a potential colleague. This takes 45 minutes and helps us understand your sales experience, style, and skills.
- A video conversation with the hiring manager. This takes 30 minutes and helps the sales manager understand what you want to do next in your career and how that might intersect with GitLab and the Commercial sales team.
- A video conversation reviewing your professional experience chronologically. This takes from 45 min to an hour and allows your hiring manager to understand the similarities and differences of past roles you’ve had to the role we are considering for you
- A mock GitLab customer call. The mock call itself is limited to 15 minutes. You are given a few minutes to ask any final questions before going into the mock call. After the mock call, we use the remainder of the half hour to understand feedback, how it felt to sell GitLab, and ask any questions we have remaining about your candidacy.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .Compensation
Your compensation will be 50% base, 50% bonus based on overall team performance in achieving IACV goals in the SMB market. See our market segmentation for detail on how the SMB market is defined at GitLab. Also see the Sales Compensation Plan .Compensation
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please join our talent community first. Once you've joined, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.About GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision : everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning , frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.Top 10 Reasons To Work For GitLab
Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides .
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .