About Rakuten Mobile Singapore
Rakuten Mobile Singapore is a Rakuten Group company, providing global B2B services for the mobile telco industry and enabling next-generation, cloud-based, international mobile services.
Building on the technology Rakuten used to launch Japan’s newest mobile network, we are now taking our mobile offering global!
To support our ambitions to provide an innovative cloud-native telco platform for our customers, Rakuten Mobile Singapore is looking to recruit and develop top talent to be based in Singapore.
Who you are:
Background: A Guru from a reputable ICT service provider, OEM, or System Integrator. Not from a consulting firm, instead hands on experience on multiple technologies.
Experience: 15-20 years
1. Graduation in any of the STEM stream.
2. Any of the public or private cloud certifications from the following:
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Any AWS Certification
- Any GCP Certification
- Any Azure Certification
- Certified Openstack Administrator
- RedHat Openstack Administrator
- Mirantis Openstack Administrator
3. At least 05 certificates from the following, preferably balanced between CC and JN:
- CCIE (R&S)
- CCIE (Data Centre)
- CCIE Voice Lab
- JNCIA - M&T Series
- JNCIA – Ex
- JNCIS - M&T
- JNCIS - Enterprise Routing
- JNCIP - M&T
- JNCIE - M&T
1. Strong hands on TCP/IP:
- Routing (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF/IS-IS,BGP)
- MPLS L2/L3 VPNs, AToM, VPLS
- Traffic Engineering, Shaping, RSVP-TE and FRR
- Inter-area TE, Multicast (IPv4)
- Inter-AS MPLS, CsC, and Quality of Service
- Proof of Concept and Solution Testing, High level and Low-level design formulation
2. Experience having worked on some of the following DC technologies:
- Cisco Data Centre Infrastructure – NXOS ( Nexus 7K , 5K & 2K , NXOS L2 and L3)
- FabricPath , First-Hop Routing Protocols , Port-channels
- vPC and VPC+ , Overlay Transport Protocol (OTV), VDC , Security Features
- Domain Knowledge of various streams like managed services, data centres, Disaster Recovery.
- Remote Infrastructure monitoring and management, Servers, Desktops, End User Products, Storage, Network and Security, Internet access, MPLS, Collaboration technologies, Mobility, Cloud and Virtualization etc.
- Excellent multi-vendor (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Ericsson) Routing, Switching, Security, and Data Centre experience.
- Vast experience in configuring and implementation of Cisco (65XX,72XX, Nexus 2k,5k,7k,9k ACI, Cisco ASR 9k), Juniper (M10i, M120, M320, PTX 3000), or Ericsson (Smart Edge 6600, SSR)
- Responsible for resource planning and cost
- Communication, Presentation, Design approvals, Network SLA, Reports.
What you would be doing at Rakuten? The role and responsibilities:
- Must be capable of delivering the following in short and mod-terms:
- Ultra-reliable five 9s connectivity both intra and inter-DC as well as cross cluster
- HLD, LLD, lab deployment and demo of HA Kubernetes network
- Kubernetes-native open-sourced Firewall
- Kubernetes inserted open-sourced Load-balancer
- Open Core DNS based DDI
- Securing all IP connectivity in and out of RCP
- Participate in the above CNCF projects, represent Rakuten, and drive roadmap and features
- Keep an eye on the global market and advise internal stakeholders on bleeding-edge technologies
- Participate in conference, seminars, and share the knowledge to internal teams.
- Internal competence development
- External vendor roadmap guidance
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not accept candidate referrals or resumes/ CVs from recruitment agencies with whom Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not have a contract. Rakuten Mobile Singapore will not accept any claim for payment for unsolicited referrals or resumes/ CVs.