Social Media Officer
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Job Function: Marketing
BagoSphere upskills low-income, frontline workers in partnership with top universities in the Philippines and employer partners.
Training over 5,000 low-income youth in the Philippines into high-paying, frontline jobs, we realized that the main barrier to jobs isn’t hard skills, it’s their mindset. Human skills are the key to employability. When youth gain these skills, they not only get hired, they perform and get promoted faster. At BagoSphere, we have figured out a unique, community-centered approach to teach human skills effectively, improving both confidence and employability skills. By deconstructing key skills that employers need, we empower workers to break through self-limiting beliefs and help them attain today’s most important digital and human skills. About 85% of our students find employment within 90 days of graduation.
Having successfully pivoted to an online model due to the disruption of the pandemic, we have plans to substantially scale up across the Philippines. Our goal is to make human skills development accessible for any person seeking a better life.
BagoSphere has won multiple awards from MIT-Solve, Ashoka, UBS, Frontier Innovators and has partnered with Globe Telecom, the National University of Singapore, elea Foundation, Fossil Foundation and Julius Baer Foundation to transform a new generation of workers ready for the next generation of business. We are also on the Stanford Social Innovation Review, Devex, Guardian.
As a Social Media Officer, you will produce content in various forms for different audiences to support the marketing and business development goals of BagoSphere.
Fast forward 1 year. Here’s what we think a successful Social Media Officer would have accomplished
- You have produced at least 2 events per month, drawing in new members per event, and have produced content stemming from the events to help drive engagement in our social media platforms.
- You have created periodic newsletters catering to various audiences and have updated the website.
- You have consistently produced content for BagoSphere’s social media platforms especially Facebook and Linked about our programs, and in the process increased followers and engagement.
- You have supported or produced content-related needs for marketing and business development.
- You introduced innovations, programs, and systems that improved workflows, group dynamics, and membership growth and engagement on social media platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
1. Produce monthly events for the Hub/Grow to help increase members/followers and engagement rate (60%). Events include but are not limited to:
a) Webinars by industry- or subject-matter experts
- Work with marketing team and consultants to define relevant content for the webinars.
- Identify, engage, and maintain relationships with the industry- and subject-matter experts to be webinar guests or speakers
- Create event plans (logistics, spiels, etc.).
- Coordinate with marketing and operations teams for the event, also with HR and/or finance as needed.
- Direct video editing in case of prerecorded sessions.
- Re-purpose webinar material into bite-sized content.
- Host Q&A/webinars as needed.
b) Promotions (referral programs, games, etc)
- Design referral and engagement programs in tandem with or independently from webinars.
- Coordinate with marketing consultants, finance, webinar team.
c) Job fairs/recruitment fairs
- Create the event plan after coordinating with operations team.
- Work with the BPO partners as needed to finalize the details.
- Create the spiels for the recorded and live launches.
- Re-purpose content to serve Hub members.
2. Produce social media content about BagoSphere to increase followers on the Bagosphere FB and Linkedin pages (20%)
- Regularly post about the business on the public pages of BagoSphere on FB and Linkedin, plus other social media platforms as they arise.
- Manage engagement on public pages.
3. Produce periodic newsletters and press releases, and update the website (10%)
- Write content for newsletters meant for a broader audience.
- Facilitate the writing and release of press releases.
- Write content for the website as needed.
4. Provide content for other marketing and business development related needs (10%)
- Support marketing and business development initiatives with content as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year experience in producing webinars (end-to-end process)
- At least 2 years experience in social media marketing
- Ideally with at least 1 year online community management experience
- At least 2 years experience in writing articles, copywriting
- Excellent storytelling and copywriting skills in English and Filipino, must be able to both speak and write with passion and clarity
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, decision-making and coordination skills, and has strong ability to implement and follow through on plans.
- Has basic skills in graphic design, photo, and video editing
- Social media-savvy and abreast with social media trends
- Has data analytical skills for social media analytics
- Excited about rolling up sleeves to get things done
- Purpose and values-driven with a high emphasis on serving others