Become an important part of our Software-as-a-Service platform team and take responsibility for frontend and backend development tasks in our modern tech stack.
What we do and why:
The global TV Broadcast and Video Entertainment Market is currently in a phase of fundamental change requiring the development of new ad-driven monetization models. We believe that our solution significantly changes the video ad-business long-term by opening up new distribution platforms into a global, programmatic ad-market.
What we’ve built:
Our Serverside.ai product is a cloud-based software-as-a-service solution offering in the B2B field, that enables dynamic ad insertion and ad substitution for OTT streaming, IP TV and HbbTV operators.
WE ARE SEEKING
Software Developer Operations (m/f/d)
Become a leading part of our Software-as-a-Service platform team and take full responsibility for all software development tasks in our modern tech stack.
- As Software Developer Operations, you will be an essential part of our very committed and experienced Scrum team and build features from concept to production.
- We offer flexible working hours and up to 100% remote conditions (freelance) with the potential to work from any place in the world.
- You will be using state of the art technologies like cloud infrastructure, Node.JS, Redis, MongoDB to maintain and extend our micro service-based software system.
- You have the chance to become a part of our rising products engagements with emerging technologies like Edge Computing, new frontend and backend frameworks, Artificial Intelligence and much more.
- As a company, we support your participation in industrial events, workshops, and advanced trainings.
- We are constantly improving our ways of cooperation. Your ideas, feedback and suggestions are much appreciated and taken seriously.
Working closely with our operations and development teams to specify features and continuously improve our software system. With your deep knowledge in backend and frontend development, you support the team in improving and stabilizing our Server-Side Ad Insertion platform based on Node.js micro services and ReactJS frontend.
- Direct collaboration with the operations team, customers, and the development team
- Designing and implementing operational tools, hot fixes, new features, and functionality
- Perform code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices
- Participate in design and architecture reviews
- Write technical documentation for web applications
- Write guidelines for operations team and customers
- Troubleshooting issues and developing potential improvements
- Work can be performed on site or remotely
- Strong understanding of back-end (node.js, python, ...) web development technologies
- Basic understanding of front-end web development technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues and find creative solutions to problems
- Good understanding of database systems, APIs and being able to efficiently query data
- Good understanding in video and streaming technologies
- Familiar with DevOps culture and collaborate in a continuous delivery environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a cloud-based environment
- Ability to analyse and solve issues independently
- A passion for continuous learning and be willing to work with the latest technology trends
- A track record of successful delivery of complex software projects
- Proven experience with multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Experience with both front-end and back-end development
- Keen eye for details to spot errors or potential problems in code easily
- Ability to monitor applications for performance issues and implement fixes as needed
What we offer:
- You will be working in a very committed, innovative and fast growing team with great team spirit and low hierarchies.
- We are flexible in working hours, whether onsite or remote.
- In our business environment of the multimedia industry, you will have large impact with what you do on global target markets.
- You will use state of the art technologies and standards like HLS, DASH, Low Latency Streaming, Header Bidding, Current Video Codecs, Cloud/ Edge Computing and more.
- We support your participation in exciting industry events, workshops and advanced trainings if applicable.
- We are an on-site and remote-working team with head-offices in Germany. We always strive to constantly improve our ways of working together. Ideas, feedback and suggestions are welcome and taken seriously.
- We invest in growth and education of our team members.
- Free choice of hardware and bring-your-own-device policy.
- You will be facing Class-A customers and top-level partners within the Tech and Entertainment industry.
- Use the opportunity to work for an exciting scale-up building innovative MediaTech solutions, join Nowtilus now!
Nowtilus welcomes all
Nowtilus is headquartered in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. We also support hybrid working from our offices in Berlin and Halle (Saale). With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds. Curious to see what it's like to work at Nowtilus? Find out more about how we operate as an experienced remote-first company through using powerful collaboration tools and sophisticated methods!