At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether we’re helping developers get answers to their questions or find new jobs, we build products that make millions of developers’ lives better every day. Our goal is to create a community and a company where every developer feels welcome to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
The Reach and Relevance group empowers companies to have a presence and interact with the user on Stack Overflow with tools such as company pages and advertising. As a full-stack web developer on the team, you’ll join a cross-disciplinary team of developers, designers, and product managers working on new and existing features while supporting existing products.
You'll work primarily in our main tech stack of C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft SQL Server, with supporting technologies like Redis, TypeScript, and Elasticsearch. If you’re not familiar with our specific tech stack, we'll pair you with mentors who will help you bridge the gaps. We do expect to see some existing enterprise-level experience in the successful candidate for this role.
Skills and Requirements
We expect to see:
- Solid programming skills in your language of choice (not necessarily ours) and a track record of getting stuff done.
- 3+ years full-stack web dev experience with any major server-side stack, relational database, and modern front-end (JS, HTML, CSS). Experience in our stack is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Prior enterprise-level development and lifecycle experience. You’ve worked on a large enterprise-class product before.
- Self-motivating, self-directing and a great communicator.
We like to see (but not required):
- Experience working remotely and/or working with teams that are distributed geographically.
- Experience shipping features in a fast-moving, cross-disciplinary team (Product Managers, Designers, UX Researchers, Product Marketing, etc).
- An active Stack Overflow profile, open source code, example projects that you're proud of (whether open source or worked on at a previous job), or any other evidence of your passion for building great software.
- Knowledge of how Stack Overflow works from our blog and podcasts.
- Experience with community based applications.
We’re a remote-first team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office, you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication ( Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, UTC-8:00 to UTC+3:00 (roughly US to Europe) will be an easier fit for scheduling and interaction with your team, but not required. We also believe in strong work-life balance and are focused on making sure you have a positive work experience, in-office or remotely.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.