Skills Union is working closely with NTU to design and deliver a Software Engineering programme, focused on preparing students for careers in the tech industry. As a Software Engineering Instructor at Skills Union, you will support students to learn a full stack and all of the other skills, tools and mindsets to launch a successful career as a software engineer.
About Skills Union
Skills Union is a new kind of educational experience, designed to supercharge our students with practical skills and competencies that will enable them to manifest their ideas, create impact and drive change. Through our partnership with NTU, we deliver courses to prepare students for careers in the digital economy. We have a collaborative and friendly company culture driven by a determination to help our students and our colleagues grow.
• Flexible, remote delivery
• 40 hours per week
• Competitive remunerations (5500 ~ 7500 SGD)
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Ensure that all students in your class have an exceptional learning experience by:
• * Delivering outstanding active learning classes, using our detailed session plans and drawing on your deep knowledge of the industry
• Providing rigorous and clear feedback, challenge and support to students in individual and group interactions
• Assessing student work and giving clear feedback according to the course rubrics
• Preparing for delivery to class, including practising explanations and instructions
• * Taking part in professional training and curriculum development
• Contributing to the wider Skills Union community, including marketing events
• Fluency in most of the following technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, React, Node, Express, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Python and Django
• Experience working as a Software Engineer with at least some of the above technologies
• Fluent confident and eloquent spoken and written English
• Proactive, autonomous and resourceful
The Nice to Haves:
• Teaching experience of some kind
• Experience attending or working at a bootcamp
• Experience in conducting talks or workshops
• You might be the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume through our jobs board. Email [email protected] if you have any questions or would like to discuss the role.
Skills Union is an equal opportunities employer and actively encourages applications from all backgrounds