ZALORA Engineering is looking for software engineers to work on the API that powers the mobile apps.
This opportunity will offer you a chance to work on a high traffic site serving millions of customers per month throughout South East Asia. You will be exposed to a polyglot architecture, modern development workflows and a forward-thinking, intelligent team dedicated to solving the big-picture problems in e-commerce.
The API is written in Golang and is the bedrock of communication between the apps and the rest of the ZALORA ecosystem. After two and a half years in production, we have a lot of learnings working with Golang and are ready to take the API to the next level. The role is based in our Singapore office (and will be opened for remote or work from home).
- Build high performance, testable components for the mobile API.
- Investigate cutting edge technologies and techniques to improve application reliability, developer experience and raw performance.
- Think outside the day-to-day and propose ways to elevate the art of API development.
The ZALORA Story
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years of experience with Golang in production.
- Solid computer science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms, design patterns).
- Familiarity with testing in Go.
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world’s leader in online fashion for emerging markets.ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.