Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate QA engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in being a core part of delivering high quality products to our customers.
At Ascenda, we have a huge focus on automation and reducing manual effort in QA. You will work directly with our engineering teams to design, architect and implement tests to ensure high quality delivery.
For this role, we are specifically hiring for QA Engineers to be based out of our office in BGC, Manila. We provide a beautifully furnished office, company provided parking lots, flexible working arrangements to allow you to deliver with high productivity. We're hiring at all levels, from junior to senior QA engineers.
In This Job You Will
- Work with a team of developers building FinTech and loyalty products
- Prepare and maintain test scenarios (both manual and automated)
- Perform manual functional testing / smoke tests when needed (we are actively trying to reduce amount of manual work needed)
- Work with customer service team to help troubleshooting and triage reported issues
- Work across our entire product suite, ranging from front-end products, to API, to mobile apps.
- Work with our customers (e.g. financial institutions) to perform UAT tests
- Architect, design and continually improve our automated testing infrastructure to allow for higher productivity.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
We expect you to:
You Will Get Bonus Points If You
- Have at least 3 years of testing experience (new grads feel free to apply)
- Have basic programming skills (Ruby would be a plus point!)
- Have experience with automated testing frameworks (JUnit, RSpec, Selenium, etc.)
- Have understanding of topics like APIs, networking
- Strong attention to detail, ability to pinpoint possible problem areas.
- Experience with testing across different products (e.g. API, frontend, mobile)
Candidates must be authorised to work in the Philippines. Ascenda does not sponsor work visas in the Philippines for foreigners.
- Have experience with performance testing and load testing
- Have experience with security testing