Rakuten Travel Xchange is a hotel distribution service providing travel retailers around the world with easy access to hotel rates and inventories through a single source. Travel businesses will be able to manage their entire hotel inventory needs from a single API connection, via a tailored web portal or template solutions, or its Travel Agent Portal, without spending valuable resources on integrating multiple supply partners.
As a Software Engineer on our Custom Sites team, you will work on consumer-facing websites as well as administrative portals for a travel agent or other corporate bookers. An understanding of user behaviour when placing travel bookings with the ability to think through the user experience is a definite plus.
Remote. Compensation in line with local market conditions.
- Work as part of a team developing applications and services that are accessed by our customers via responsive user-interfaces
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process, infrastructure, reliability, and development speed.
- Build customer-facing UI and back-end services for hotel reservations, payment processing, user administration, and analytics management
- Code, test and operate node.js and vue.js based services
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before our customers experience any problems
- 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience on large scale software projects
- Experience developing web services or Software as a Service product with stateless horizontal scaling and event-driven architecture.
- Knowledge of CI/CD such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience using various technologies like APIs, Microservices, Kubernetes, SQL, gRPC, MessagePack, Streaming.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.