Would you like to spend your limited time on this Earth paying off technical debt? If so, join some other company. We made a decision early on to get really good at one thing: Bitcoin.
LibertyX and LibertyPay are rapidly expanding leaders in Bitcoin retail and "Rebittance" (Bitcoin-based remittances), respectively.
LibertyX launched America's first Bitcoin ATM in 2014. Now we're putting "Bitcoin on every block" with over 29,000 ATMs, cashiers, and kiosks. LibertyX helps retail business owners find a way to make additional income and helps Bitcoin adoption at the same time.
LibertyPay makes remittances to Latin America faster and cheaper. We help families save money on transfer fees so more goes to their brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers.
Nic Carter, a well-respected industry thought leader, VC, and founder, has described these services as "insanely underrated."
- Implement, test, and audit the stability and/or identity portion of the protocol
- Work with CTO and other senior engineers to contribute to the protocol and architecture
- Build back-end services that power our APIs
- Help to hit product milestones by writing high quality, well tested code
- Help communicate and implement best practices across the engineering team
- Author detailed technical specifications
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Work in a high performance scrum team
- Collaborate with product and design teams
- A strong passion for our mission
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Ability to grow and adapt to a rapidly evolving technology stack
- Strong experience developing production software
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead technical discussions
- Experience building software that is reusable, extensible, and modular
- A passion for testing and achieving high test coverage
- Enthusiasm to work in a startup environment
- Bonus: Deep understanding or passion for blockchain technology
- Bonus: Background is distributed systems, cryptography, or programming languages
- Bonus: Knowledge of Solidity and the EVM