As a Linux Systems and Kernel Engineer at StackRox, you’ll be working on building performant and efficient data collection in kernel- and user-space for Linux systems secured by the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform, which will help our customers safely run the world’s largest commercial Kubernetes clusters in private and public clouds. Our engineering team is small but mighty and that means you’ll be able to make an immediate impact on the product, APIs, architecture, and engineering processes. With Kubernetes adoption rapidly growing, our team constantly faces new challenges like simplifying our customer deployments, improving performance to support new workloads, or exposing gRPC services behind load balancers – all of this ensures our product just works for those getting started with Kubernetes and experts alike.
- Be responsible for the development, maintenance, and quality of our Linux data collection software.
- Contribute to the technical roadmap for Linux data collection.
- Perform performance analysis and optimization.
- Develop build and test automation to ensure smooth interoperability with all major vendors and platforms.
- Engage with open-source communities for projects we depend on and contribute enhancements upstream.
- Assist our customer support team in troubleshooting and resolving customer issues.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Have the opportunity to build a personal brand through technical blog posts, open-source contributions, and presentations at meetups and conferences.
We’d love to talk if you:
- Write high-quality, maintainable software in modern C and C++.
- Are experienced with Linux user-space and kernel development and debugging.
- Have a solid understanding of Linux internals.
- Previously experimented with or developed and debugged extended BPF (eBPF) programs.
- Can effectively use languages like Bash, Go, and Python to build tooling and automation.
- Enjoy delivering high-quality software through a principled, “design document-first” approach.
- Helping your team members through code reviews.
- Believe in the ABA (Always Be Automating) principle, be it for development, building, or testing.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Don’t worry if you haven’t done all of the above – that’s okay! We build around people's strengths and provide opportunities for our team members to grow.
StackRox helps enterprises secure their containers and Kubernetes environments at scale. The StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform enables security and DevOps teams to enforce their compliance and security policies across the entire container lifecycle, from build to deploy to runtime. StackRox integrates with existing DevOps and security tools, enabling teams to quickly operationalize container and Kubernetes security.
Partnered with Amazon, Docker, Google, Microsoft and IBM RedHat, StackRox is the choice for container and Kubernetes security for cloud-native companies, Global 2000 enterprises and federal government agencies. To learn more, visit www.stackrox.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.