Crossover is hiring for multiple Software Engineer positions for our client, Trilogy.
There is a true shift under way -- the computing world is moving toward ARM processors. Are you an incredible developer who has what it takes to contribute to this revolution? Are you excited by the idea of showcasing your work to the world?
We're looking for the best C/C++ architects in the world to make a major contribution to the open-source community, helping millions of applications move to ARM-based processors. You will enable higher efficiency, productivity and cost savings for millions of applications, and get to wear your open-source contributions and ARM expertise as a badge of honor.
What You Will Be Doing
EngineYard, part of the Trilogy family, is helping its customers move to ARM. Your job will be to modify open-source libraries that are currently x86 compatible and make them ARM compatible. You will be able to do this because of your strong understanding of C/C++ and compilers, and you will celebrate success with each accepted pull request.
What You Won’t Be Doing
You will NOT be doing traditional application development. This is a systems engineering role, focused narrowly on making open-source libraries ARM-compatible.
Software Engineer Key Responsibilities
You will take on x86-compatible libraries and:
- Examine complex build scripts to understand architecture dependencies and builds
- Edit the build scripts to transpile/compile ARM-compatible versions of the library
- Run tests
- Create a pull request as per submission guidelines of the project
- Communicate with the owners of the open-source projects as needed to help get the pull request merged
- Computer science degree or at least 15 years of experience
- Top-level C/C++ coding skills
- Background in systems programming (e.g., experience with transpilation, Kernel level programming, driver development, compilers, low-level C/C++ development)
- 99th percentile cognitive ability
- Advanced spoken English proficiency
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.What’s Next?
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4497-PH-NCRNatio-SoftwareEngine