Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Virtasant. Have you got what it takes?
Do you wonder why engineering organizations make cost-driven decisions and miss out on the most advanced technologies? Are you a passionate learner who loves to pick up new products, programming languages, and technologies? Virtasant is looking for high-performing software engineers like you who are eager to launch their careers to the next level. At our company there is no limit to making the best technical decisions. You won't be constrained by legacy design or budget considerations. As a part of our feature team, you will have the chance to work with all the latest technologies in cloud infrastructure. You will continue to learn and improve like nowhere else, as you push the boundaries of new technologies everyday.
What You Will Be Doing
- Writing production-ready feature code.
- Building directly on top of Cloud, utilizing the full power and range of the platform to generate simple solutions that are easy to maintain.
- Writing tests to ensure we deliver high-quality production ready code.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Fixing bug defects. We deliver every pull request straight to production with extensive automated testing and qualified code reviews.
- Wasting your time in meetings and administrative tasks: We have automated most of the overhead so that your day can be centered around the thing you love most: coding.
Software Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Building new product features and capabilities: You will be a critical contributor in transforming our portfolio of 100+ products to cloud-native applications.
- Learning different technologies, databases, and languages: We want to lay an essential role in your growth towards becoming an experienced senior developer.
- Delivering high-quality code while making quality improvements to existing products.
- We hope you are as thrilled about your career outlook as we are!
- 3+ years of coding experience with a software service or product.
- Ability to understand and pick up new technologies: We are not looking for expertise in any specific technology, rather our willingness to learn to learn them.
- Ability to work 100% remotely.
- A degree in computer science or commercial equivalent.
- Experience with any of the major Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure. Devops experience being a strong plus.
- Willingness to take initiative and be proactive instead of reactive.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior developers.
Virtasant is a global cloud services provider with industry-leading technology, capabilities, and people. We've been working in the cloud, testing the limits of its capabilities, since the start. We transform, build, and optimize customers' digital experience in the cloud every day, helping companies make the most of the cloud's native capabilities. To achieve this, we've built one of the world's largest fully remote organizations.
To maintain the high quality of services that Virtasant is offering, we give all our employees a chance of attaining official cloud certification which helps them develop and grow themselves faster.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4682-SG-Singapor-SoftwareEngine.001