Software Engineer will design and develop the Fortna Warehouse Execution System (WES) Middleware applications in a Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 or OEL environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Designing and developing the Fortna Warehouse Execution System (WES) Middleware applications in a Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 or OEL environment.
- Taking strategic direction from Software Management.
- Working with the Portfolio and Project Management Office (PPMO) by participating in project planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Assisting in mentoring Junior Software Engineers.
- Taking ownership of individual and department goals as agreed upon with the Software Development Manager.
- Providing remote support and troubleshooting for new and legacy WCS systems.
- Participating in Software Design Reviews with Clients, Software Project Management, Software Services and Senior Software Engineers.
- Assisting Software QA and Infrastructure Engineers in Qualifying, Deploying and Packaging WCS Middleware applications and libraries.
- Assisting Software QA in development of component and project test plans and test automation.
- Maintaining high quality project and software design documentation.
- Traveling to Client sites to assist the Software Services Implementation Engineers in qualifying the WES/WCS installation on-site both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- Knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Understanding what is important when designing code for a time sensitive, high transaction based processing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Knowledgeable in object orientated analysis and design (OOAD) such as general design patterns and core object oriented patterns.
- Experience with some mix of C/C++/Java, Socket Programming, RPM Package Manager, auto-build tools, SQL and Oracle, DLL plug-in libraries in C++, pthreads, XML, XSLT and ActiveMQ .
- Experience with other open source operating systems and development tools.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Office Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Keyword: RedHat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6, OEL, C/C++/Java, Socket Programming, RPM Package Manager, auto-build tools, SQL and Oracle, DLL plug-in libraries in C++, pthreads, XML, XSLT, ActiveMQ