Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payment rails for South-east Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments in South-east Asia simple, secure and easy for everyone. We currently serve SMEs to some of the region's largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 8% month on month for the last 3 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
Xendit's mission is to build digital infrastructure for Southeast Asia. We got started building payments, first focused on disbursements (money-out) for fintech. As Xendit has grown, we've built channels and connectors for accepting money-in, for pushing money out, and for holding money.
You may be a good fit if
- Improve our payment infrastructure to ensure reliability, scalability and security
- Take ownership and lead small projects from the beginning through to live in production
- Writing code which is reusable, testable and efficient
- Collaborate with the Tech Lead, Product Manager and other engineers to develop features that drive our metrics
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
What We Care About
- You believe in clean coding, simple solutions, testing and continuous deployment
- You have strong experience working on the backend of a technology-driven product that is complex and high-performance
- Experience with distributed systems and writing resilient software
- You have a product mindset, you care about customer outcomes and you are comfortable crafting customer-driven solutions
- You are flexible, a team player, proactive and someone with an eye for detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of one of Typescript/ Golang, Web Services (RESTful), SQL/PostgreSQL and pub/sub design patterns
- Experience with unit and integration tests such as jest, mocha, supertest
- Experience working with bank, e-wallet, and paylater APIs
- Familiarity with containerization, including docker and kubernetes
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You're like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don't take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You're remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can't find someone who raves about you then it's unlikely we will too.