This is a remote position.
Our Customer is a leading data-driven marketing tech company headquartered in New York, operating on four continents with 1,300+ employees. Our client offers CRM, customer acquisition, strategic managed services, and private data cloud solutions. Our customer powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands.
As an engineer on the team, you will join the group responsible for designing, developing and maintaining a scalable, dynamic content, ad serving web application. You will implement capabilities and features, improve performance and sustainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. You will also be responsible for developing custom dynamic creative solutions, using third party APIs. You will work with our solutions team to get requirements and provide prototypes/solutions that meet those requirements.
You should have a good knowledge of SQL and be able to write performant queries / stored procedures. You should also be experienced with scalable build pipelines and testing tools.
- Work with development teams and stakeholders to provide technical solutions that enable business capabilities
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products
- Ensure all systems have adequate performance monitoring, logging and alerting. You will also need to provide help to operations teams to help trouble-shoot production issues and provide guidance on capacity planning.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, take ownership and responsibility over new projects
- Conduct system analysis and code reviews on applications to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization
- Collaborate with peers and other team members to achieve project goals and establish technical standards and best practices for technology advancement
- Provide input on feature complexity, impact and feasibility
- Contribute to agile processes improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or its equivalent in education and experience. We’re looking for someone with 2-4 years of experience in the following:
Knowledge of distributed system principles, including load balancing, networking, scaling Hands on experience of version control systems such as git and Subversion Excellent written and verbal communication (English) Nice To Have
- Proficiency in PHP (5.5 and 7.0+)
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 (SCSS, Bootstrap), JS (AJAX, jQuery, PWA, React, Vue, ES6)
- Experience with Java
- Experience building and consuming data from web services such as REST, SOAP
- Experience writing tests for your code (unit & functional testing)
- Experience with web tagging and/or digital advertising a plus
- Experience with build automation technologies like Jenkins
- Strong scripting ability in BASH
- Work remotely from Home
- Full Time Employment with competitive salary and benefits
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
Please do not hesitate to apply. This is a Work from Home work, permanent with benefits.