Marketing and advertising plays very important piece in Rakuten ECO system. As a software engineer of marketing platform department, your mission is to provide solutions to enable various marketing activities and boosting up/add value to entire Rakuten ECO system in timely manner.
Your colleagues are responsible for systems used in marketing/advertisement activities for many regions, such as Japan, Taiwan, and US, and closely communicating with each of region business teams. Your assignment will be to the engineering team serving for Japan advertisement business.
Team is also collaborating with Tokyo/Japan & India development teams for many projects, and Singapore team will expand to cover both developments and operations. This means day-to-day tasks requires requirements analysis, architecture design, dev specs writing, coding, testing, and production support as well. In this cross border dynamic circumstances and wide range of responsibilities, you are expected to show good communication skills, strong ownership, self-organized attitude to build up cross border teamwork culture.
- Assigned to software development projects and/or system enhancements as software engineer.
- Be engaged in a whole process of development project (requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing/verification, deployment, operation/maintenance).
- Work closely with project manager, tech lead and other engineers. Some of them are in different locations such as Japan and India, and you need to communicate with them in English/Japanese.
- Always improve the design quality, code quality, testing quality and system quality spontaneously.
- In addition, create such a culture in our team.
- Understand business needs / user behaviors and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of systems and propose system improvements.
- Guide and support less-experienced members as mentor and role model to improve the team productivity and achieve team’s goals together.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or IT related field
- 0 - 3 years of experience with majority as Java engineer
- Strong knowledge and experience of RESTful web services, OSS (Linux, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Strong knowledge and experience of quality assurance and auto-testing method (Unit Testing/JUnit, Integration Testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with source control system (Git, SVN, etc), CI environment (Jenkins), and Maven
Good to have:
- Smooth communication skills with tech/non-tech people in Japanese
- Experience in working with a remote team
- Familiarity in ad/marketing solutions
- Familiarity in Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience in CSS, Front-end frameworks (React js / angularjs)
- Good adoption to Rakuten corporate culture:
- Love and devote yourself in our service and system
- Positive attitude and strong desire to learn from and share with colleagues