At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You'll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer.
Software Engineering Manager, APAC
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager, APAC to build highly scalable applications that can be used by our millions of users across APAC and Europe. You will be leading one of the Marketing and Partnership squads, responsible to help increase and grow our customer base. This role is based in Singapore.
What's on the menu:
- Lead and guide the career development of a fast pace team consist of backend, frontend and mobile engineers
- Work closely with the product owner and marketing stakeholders to create a scalable backend system and an extendable frontend application to support multiple projects that are related to Marketing and Partnership technologies
- Craft and maintain microservices / micro frontend architectures, clean architecture, API-based and event-based communication
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, development, application debugging and diagnosis
- Practice modern software development methodologies such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and Scrum
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers
What you can bring to the table:
- Ability to structure, coach and mentor a fast pace team consists of engineers from various functional background (backend, web, Android, iOS)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, be able to build a high engagement team by incorporating ideas from the members
- Good product mindset, be able to balance between project features and engineering quality
- Take part in architectural decision making
- Experience working with distributed and parallel systems, as well as web and mobile applications
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional)
- Ability to get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- Keen to constantly learn and improve your own skills, and not afraid to jump into new things
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborate with cross-functional and international agile teams
- Curiosity, creative outside-the-box problem solving abilities and an eye for details
foodpanda (small 'f') is the world's favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it's getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries.