Are you a great developer whose skills have been noticed by both your manager and peers alike? Your teammates come to you for technical advice and insights because you have a track record of solving others’ code problems. Your managers have promoted you to the next level or asked you to serve in an informal tech lead capacity because you have the most technical depth. If that describes you, this is the place to fast-track your career into management without sacrificing your own technical expertise.
Often, taking on management responsibilities requires you to give up the deep technical focus that made you a star in the first place. This role is different: it is not project management, HR management, or agile scrum master. You will not waste your time on non-technical activities. We want your technical expertise!
This job is all about coaching developers to write better code and make better technical decisions. You must know how to write the best code - simple, easy to read, and easy to understand. You must also know how to articulate why your technical advice is sound - making you a great coach.
Joining us is a great career move! You’ll dive in and learn new technologies instead of specializing in only one technology. You’ll provide technical coaching to a team of developers working across dozens of enterprise software products. You’ll have plenty of room to grow technically and we’ll teach you our unique approach to management, a resume-building skill in the future of work.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Deep dive into the work of your team, review the code submitted by your team, and resolve the root cause of problems
- Coach your team members how to increase the quality of their code based on real examples
Software Engineering Manager Key Responsibilities
- Assigning tasks & priorities for your team (we have it automated)
- Participating in endless committee meetings about business analysis or priorities
- Focusing only on your existing areas of expertise (we want you to learn new tech all the time)
- Lead a fully remote development team composed of the top 1% of global talent
- Upgrade the quality of your team’s code by showing them how to do it better
- Great code writing skills developed over 5+ years of experience writing production code for a variety of products.
- Great at deep-diving into the code to find quality improvement opportunities
- Able to clearly articulate technical insights and expertise that continuously increases your team's work quality & performance
- High code quality standards including experience with writing and maintaining unit-tests, and functional tests.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Hands-on cloud development experience
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3879-PH-RegionVi-SoftwareEngine.011