If you are the smartest tester in your team, this one is for you… This role is a resume-building opportunity for ambitious and smart manual testers looking to accelerate their career growth. Apart from testing enterprise-grade products, you will learn how to write razor-sharp test cases. Alternating test writing and test execution will enable you to apply your software expertise in new ways and become even better at what you do.
Smart people get bored fast. You will get to work on a dozen different products from our portfolio every quarter using tools such as TestRail and Jira to manage the testing process, accelerating your learning and enabling you to reach a new level. We are a global company, and not another grade-b offshore center, joining us is a career move that opens for you an endless number of global remote-work opportunities.
If this is not enough, being able to work from anywhere means you are free from the daily commute, giving you more free time at your disposal. Join our team composed of the top, global remote testers today.
What You Will Be Doing
We have created a work environment that is perfect for the smartest manual QA testers in the world, one that they love. We see huge benefits in connecting the responsibility of test creation to test execution - it leads to higher work quality and better insights.
When creating test-cases, you’ll take end-to-end test scenarios and break them into discrete test-cases. As you’ll be working on a dozen different products from our portfolio every quarter, it means that you’ll never get bored. You’ll continuously be extending your learning by ramping-up on new products to the level where you can write razor-sharp test-cases that focus on the essence of the functionality that is being tested.
Our manual testers execute test plans created based on functional coverage matrix both for new products as well as part of our software regression cycles. We use JIRA for bug tracking and TestRail to document and execute the test-cases.
Software Tester Key Responsibilities
- Continuously learn new products from our portfolio
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans based on functional coverage
- Convert end-to-end user scenarios to test cases
- Execute defined test cases to uncover bugs and regression issues
- 1+ year as a full-time, hands-on manual tester
- A genuine passion for quality and desire to grow and become a great global tester
- Familiar with the manual testing concepts, terms, and definitions
- Good proficiency in the English language
- Familiarity with test writing tools like TestRail, TestLink, Confluence
- Experience of bug tracking tools like Jira, Bugzilla, HP ALM/QC
- Familiar with testing techniques like Equivalence partitioning, Boundary value analysis, Decision table testing, Exploratory testing
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3369-PH-Ncr_Nati-SoftwareTester.008