At Instructure, our vision is to help people learn, develop, and engage from their first day at school to their last day of work. Our goal is simple: create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity...
We are looking for an experienced and passionate education technologist to become a Solutions Engineer (SE) to help guide customers in their LMS evaluation process. This SE position will partner exclusively with our EMEA team and will support territories primarily in South Europe.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Solutions Engineers are the primary knowledge resource for the sales team
- Play an essential role in the sales process, acting as technical advisor and product advocate; thoughtfully considering customer needs to arrive at a best solution
- Effectively communicate complex education and technology concepts and practices to a variety of stakeholders – e.g. telling a compelling story to educators and administrators, as well as leading credible, in-depth technical discussions with information technology experts
- Responsible for conducting needs assessments and identifying deployment/technical issues for assigned accounts, drafting technical designs (e.g. HLD), considering creative solutions and establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Present Canvas as a product (and Instructure as a partner) to all stakeholders, from shallow to deep, from storytelling to technical deep-dives
- Explain how education technology can be transformative for teaching and learning
- Develop and deliver tailored product demonstrations that are simple but engaging
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Convey customer requirements to team leadership
- Successfully conceptualize and communicate about how products and services affect opportunities and sales exposure within an organization and the education space
- Track progress on projects through consistent record-keeping and knowledge-sharing
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Applied understanding of teaching, instructional design, or education administration (if not in education specifically, but with good understanding/experience in LMS)
- Technical understanding of technology, web technology, mobile technology, servers, the Internet, etc. (education and/or LMS use a plus)
- Technical understanding of enterprise ecosystems, integration requirements and typical implementation challenges and the means to mitigate them
- Presents with confidence, expertise, and warmth to small and large audiences
- Clear, concise, and service-oriented communication skills across media
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a fast-paced tech company with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, collaborative, and communicative
- Must be a team player
- Must be prepared for extensive travel (up to 60%)
- Proficient language skills in English and Spanish (both spoken and written) a must; French is also desirable.
GET IN ON ALL THE AWESOME AT INSTRUCTURE!
Excellent benefits and perks, because we want you to be happy, healthy and stress free: paid private medical insurance, pension, life assurance, personal travel insurance, wellbeing fitness tracking, contribution to your commuter and fitness/welfare, study assistance, study leave, charity leave, childcare vouchers, massages
25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays and flexible work schedules
Fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches (yay!!)
iMacs or Macbooks
Most importantly, you get to work with a tight knit team who embrace innovation and are committed to being excellent at what they do