BAT VIETNAM IS LOOKING FOR A SOURCING MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
FUNCTION: Operations - Procurement
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of the Procurement team.
The role is responsible for End market category “Sourcing to Contract” and facilitate the implementation of above-market projects. As well as, to act as to collaborate with the local stakeholders ensuring the delivery of both their service requirements and those of Procurement.
Reports to: Procurement Business Manager
Reporting Level: Senior Level
Geographic Scope: Vietnam & Cambodia
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Responsible execution of sourcing plans within the markets and to support the execution of global sourcing, where required
- To apply global policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that leads BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- To challenge demand and requirements and manage customer expectations to ensure compliance and drive continuous improvement
- To communicate appropriate supply chain and procurement messages regarding strategies, process and policies to customers.
- To build long term business relationships with partners and to collaborate optimally with the Global Procurement team on above-market initiatives
- To lead negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of any category strategies or sourcing strategies.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific end market categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and includes one-off spend items.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA’s and performance checkpoints and handle as well as resolve contractual performance issues
- To identify new products and services required by the customer that may impact on sourcing execution
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have the experience in indirect sourcing?
- Do you have strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence decision making?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of sourcing for a period of 2 years minimum.
- Detailed knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
- Supplier and contract management experience.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Strong knowledge of processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts.
- Preferably good experience in indirect sourcing
- Preferably candidates who have had at least 5 years in a management role
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!