Title: Sports Streaming Writer (Full-time, remote)
We are looking for someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes sports to help our users find the best ways to watch the most popular sporting events from around the world via our Stream Sports page.
While you’re not expected to be an expert on sports streaming services—although some familiarity would be a definite asset—your ambition should definitely be to become one. The top candidate for this position is able to research obsessively and write clearly, inhabiting the shoes of a sports fan desperate to watch their favourite team or player, and then finding the best way to ensure that fan is never disappointed.
The ability to work independently, and have some flexibility to communicate with colleagues in other time zones, is a must.
- Create and maintain detailed research on sports streaming services, particularly those that are useful for watching major North American sports
- Write user support guides outlining the best methods for watching a variety of sporting events from around the world
- Maintain sport-specific landing pages to improve user experience, including writing and editing copy, and coordinating images
- Ideate social media and video content
- Collaborate with SEO, Streaming, and Localization teams to perfect user guidance for major events
- Solid writing skills
- Relentless research skills
- Ability to work independently, but also ready to pitch in to help the team as needed
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to organize time and workflow effectively
- Expertise in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, and/or NCAA Sports
- Familiarity with WordPress, Contentful, or another CMS is a major plus
- Nice-to-have experience: UX or SEO writing; Social media and video content creation
When it comes to hiring processes, “rigorous” and “opaque” are often mistakenly conflated. For us, it’s always a mutual exchange, so we think it’s important that candidates have a clear understanding of the process and what we’re looking for. Learn more about the hiring process by visiting our careers page.
Health and happiness go hand in hand, and we make every effort to support our team members in all facets of their lives—both inside and outside the office. Learn more about our employee benefits by visiting our careers page.
Before you apply
- At the moment, we do not sponsor visas in the UK and the EU. For Hong Kong, we require at least two years of working experience and a university degree in a related field. For Singapore, we can only sponsor visas for mid-career or above.
- Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.
ExpressVPN is one of the world’s leading providers of online privacy and security services for consumers. Started in 2009, we’ve grown to have millions of active paying customers, a team of more than 700 people worldwide, and a brand recognized by hundreds of millions of people in 18 languages and more than a hundred countries. We see huge growth in our industry, and are gaining market share through strong execution.