Shopify has an ambitious mission to Make Commerce Better for Everyone and is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify currently powers millions of merchants in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is built by outstanding people. The goal of the Talent Acquisition team is to constantly find the best talent to consistently better the teams at Shopify and achieve our mission to make commerce better for everyone. We care deeply about candidate experience, diversity and inclusion, and the delivery of high-impact people. With hiring, we need to be willing to reject orthodoxy and bring innovation and creativity to identify and engage incredible people wherever they are.
As the (Sr.) Recruitment Lead for APAC your focus is to lead a team of leads, who focus on bringing in the right talent to build the best products for our merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. Our growth trajectory demands a lot. This isn’t about long hours but about the intensity of work and achieving a lot every day. You need to be passionate about a complex environment that is constantly changing, evolving and striving to be better, plus have a natural curiosity to learn new things.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of geographically distributed recruitment managers/leads and their respective teams.
- Partner closely with our Senior Leaders and key stakeholders across the entire APAC region (Commercial, G&A, R&D and Support) to determine future talent needs, continuously improve selection and attraction criteria and through experimentation make adjustments to improve hiring quality, interviewer skill, and velocity of hiring.
- Create and set up sourcing and recruiting strategies in alignment with the business
- Use data to inform decision making and naturally partner with business leaders to set and achieve hiring goals.
- Build, engage, manager and develop a high performing team in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
“Must have” qualities and experiences that will make this person successful:
- Experience and proven track record of building, leading and developing recruitment teams
- Numerous years of experience as a recruiting professional with knowledge across various parts of the business and industries.
- Leadership is your craft and you understand that high-quality delivery only happens with a great team that is motivated and excited to achieve the goals ahead.
- Genuine curiosity about people and their careers. You seek to understand people’s stories and you have a desire to listen more than talk.
- You listen to and learn from the people around you
- Ability to build high-trust relationships. Trust is of paramount importance at Shopify. Read about the “trust battery” here.
- Able to keep up with the pace of Shopify
- High attention to detail both with people and process. You’re able to pick up on nuance, ask excellent questions, and plan accordingly.
- A builder’s mindset and a track record of owning problems and caring about how they get solved.
- Fluency in English, any additional language is welcome
- Experience in a fast-paced, scaling environment would be a plus.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.