Neo4j is the leader in graph database technology. As the world’s most widely deployed graph database, we help global brands – including Comcast , NASA , UBS and Volvo – to reveal and predict how people, processes and systems are interrelated. Using this relationships-first approach, applications built using Neo4j tackle connected data challenges such as analytics and artificial intelligence , fraud detection , real-time recommendations and knowledge graphs . Find out more at neo4j.com .
At Neo4j we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships between people, processes, locations and systems. We created, drive and are at the forefront of innovation in the Graph Database category; and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database and our PreSales Consultants are the people that help customers realize its value every day. Neo4j has proven to be the go-to data management solution in use cases such as Fraud Detection, Recommendations Engines, Identity Access Management, Security, IT Management and Operations, Master Data Management and many more.
In the Neo4j Field Engineering team, we are technologists who enjoy working directly with customers in a variety of industries, and with a wide range of technologies and architectures. We provide engineering and architecture leadership and development for the Neo4j-based solutions our customers are building.
The responsibilities of the PreSales Consultants cover a variety of tasks starting from understanding the prospective customers needs and environment, transforming the needs into an architecture containing leading-edge graph database technology and guiding all involved parties through a delivery process. Demonstrating Neo4j as a technology for specific domains, white boarding solution architectures, and engaging at the level of technical decision makers are examples of the day-by-day work. The Senior PreSales Consultant understands business terminology, thinks in technical terms and combines both sides during the entire engagement.
In addition to being Graph Database experts, our PreSales Consultants understand and position other architectural components in our customers’ stack, such as other Big Data and NoSQL solutions, relational databases, caching services, messaging and access layer tools, and various frameworks to participate with Neo4j in a Polyglot Architecture.
What You'll Do
- Working with our customers’ teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j PreSales projects
- Be an integral part of the Neo4j sales team, helping to persuade prospective Neo4j users of the benefits and advantages of graph database technology
- Position the Neo4j technology within the customer’s environment and architecture
- Discuss solution architectures with our customers to address the technical requirements of our customers’ projects
- Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j
- Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years working in a PreSales or Professional Services Organization
- Extensive understanding and experience with database technologies and data modelling concepts, preferably with one of the leading Big Data Database/Analytics Vendors
- Architecture skills - ie mapping a business to technical requirements and understanding multiple components to build a solution
- Understand the concepts of Java, J2EE/J2SE, Java Script, Docker
- Ability to engage and interact with engineers in an advisory role
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies as needed
- Passionate about solving technical problems
- Capable of educating and training small groups
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in sales-focused teams
- A proactive approach to keeping the technical aspects of a sales process on track
- Interest in and understanding of the sales process and the ability to work closely with sales people and prospects to drive successful adoption of Neo4j
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor or Master degree required
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization
- Ability and willingness to travel
Nice To Haves (not Required Experience)
- Industry vertical experience in Financial Services, Retail, Government, Security or Telecommunication
- Graph DB related experience ie Neo4j or similar
- Couchbase, Mongo, Marklogic, Teradata knowledge
- Virtualisation and Cloud knowledge
- Visualization (D3, Sigma.js, viz.js, Linkurious, Sawyer) knowledge
- An enthusiasm for blogging about solutions and technology
- Experience of presenting at technical or business events
If you don't match 100% of what we are looking for, but you think you would have some valuable skillsets to contribute, please apply and let us know in your CV/ Cover letter.
Why Join Neo4j?
We are one of the fastest growing startups in enterprise software in Silicon Valley, and this is an opportunity to lead and develop high-value strategic technology partnering relationships.
For full-time employees we offer competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, generous paid family leave plans, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, weekly activities, company off-sites, happy hours and the list goes on!
Neo4j is a proud equal opportunity employer that fully supports a global mindset and workforce diversity. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, Creandum, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, and Germany. For more information, please visit www.neo4j.com .
Our Roots And Culture
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We aim to hire smart, funny, creative and humble people who possess a lot of heart and drive. We value relationships (just like a graph!) and place trust in our colleagues to meet each day with focus and integrity.
We foster collaboration and intellectually honest discussions for consensus decision making. Every Neo4j employee is empowered to contribute and put one's own innovative stamp on projects.
Most of all, we are fanatical about graphs and creating an experience our users love.
Intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the Privacy Notice Regarding Neo4j's Recruitment Process to understand how the personal data that you provide will be handled.