Apollo.io's mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies, and our software helps sales and marketing identify and convert their most likely potential customers. We've raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.
Your Role & Mission
We’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist to be a core contributor to building a world-class support organisation. Our ideal candidate is someone who truly cares about client success, could quickly grow into a leadership role, is technically savvy, and has experience teaching and troubleshooting software.
The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for managing customer support requests via email, chat, and phone. As a Customer Support Specialist, you’ll also help create and edit help center content for employees and customers, as well as interface with product and engineering to help improve the platform.
NOTE: This role requires working Eastern/Central Standard Time
- Sense of ownership, a desire to work closely with customers in sometimes tough situations
- Highly tech-savvy, using his/her skills in order to take advantage of the tools in place.
- High active reading and listening to manage and effectively resolve customer support requests using email, chat, and phone with ownership and excellence.
- Dependable, going above and beyond your job description to ensure our customers love us!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to explain concepts clearly and concisely as well as translate into customer-friendly language, complex technical knowledge.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, hungry, passionate and tech-savvy, and quick to learn
- You pride yourself on being patient, a problem solver, ambitious, proactive/assertive, and dependable to follow through.
- Empathetic to customer needs, working to understand the questions that customers ask and why.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex customer issues with ownership.
- Leads thorough investigations that leave no stones unturned, exhausting all possible troubleshooting.
- Goes above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction and success at all times
- Educates customers and employees at the best of their capabilities to optimize their results
- Makes customer's voices heard by delivering all the feedback and recommendations to our Product Team and parties related.
- Understands the Apollo product and databases better than anyone else to contribute constructively to every situation that a customer or employee encounters.
- Provide a fast and accurate answer to the customer's inquiry within 24 hours (1 hour on the first touch).
Test one’s hypothesis simply by playing around, and tweaking one’s parameters in a series of experiments to validate the hypothesis
- Reconstructs a timeline of events based on disparate logs/evidence spread out across many places
- Thinks outside of the box using prior knowledge from web apps/browser apps like Chrome to perform an initial debugging of the issue at hand
- Takes full ownership of the escalations and educates TSR 1 on the different areas of opportunity on the escalation process
Skills And Relevant Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience in customer support (Tier 2), engineering, product management, or similar
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills (fluent or native)
- Prior experience working with web apps/browser apps
- Prior experience working with integrations, Salesforce, Zendesk, Hubspot, Outreach
- Understanding what an API is and how to send API calls
- Proven ability to reconstruct a timeline of events based on disparate logs/evidence spread out across half a dozen places.
- Proven ability to test one’s hypothesis simply by playing around, and tweaking one’s parameters in a series of experiments to validate the hypothesis.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to lead thorough investigations that leave no stones unturned
Curiosity and willingness to test and replicate customer's issues.
100% of Bugs in asana with perfect description and investigation
100% tickets properly researched and TS exhusted
95% of Satisfaction Scores (Email&Chat)
100% of queue tickets handled Perfectly
100% of escalations from tier 1 with proper escalation reason, if not proper feedback to the tier 1 agents
30 minutes sla for tickets ARR
4 Hours SLA for non ARR tickets
Potential Candidate Profile
Self-starting all-star who can be a coach to our customer base to ensure they’re finding success with Apollo.
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort to developing our remote employees's careers; historically, most people on the Customer Support get promoted within 9 months into higher and larger roles and get the opportunity to turbocharge their career.
Opportunities to Progress in your Career
Apollo is a Y-Combinator backed startup at the forefront of Silicon Valley/B2B SaaS best practices. Originally built by 3 founders (from Harvard, MIT, and Berkeley), the team has a long history of being highly collaborative, encouraging, and growth-minded. Our team is laser-focused at growing and developing our Customer Support Specialists into our future leaders at Apollo or other Silicon Valley companies.
So, Some Likely Future Career Moves For You As CS Specialist Would Be
We’re growing the team and scaling how we operate.Senior Customer Support Specialist
Customer Success Manager