The CXS Portfolio team is the global VMware organization that creates standardized, best practice customer success, professional services, learning, and support offers for use by VMware and partner organizations. The CXS Portfolio team is part of VMware’s Customer Experience & Success (CXS) organization.
The CXS Portfolio Team Has Three Major Focus Areas
- Portfolio GTM – focuses on the creation of sales-aligned solutions and sales assets
- Outcome Engineering – focuses on the components of the service offering and the delivery/implementation assets
- Platforms & Apps – focuses on the development of platforms and apps that are utilized by our sales and delivery organizations
As part of the CXS Portfolio team and reporting to the Senior Director for CXS Portfolio Go-to-Market, the Solutions Staff Architect will create, package, and publish service offerings for solutions and frameworks that are widely adopted by VMware sales teams and our partner ecosystem around the world. The solution and services will focus on delivering tangible business outcomes to our customers rather than just technology outcomes. A solution is one that has a direct business outcome (rather than an IT outcome) and the services we build deliver on the business outcome.
The successful candidate will ensure Solutions are defined, created, and available in a timely manner. In addition, will take the necessary steps to educate VMware sales teams and stakeholders to create a positive customer journey. Promote best practice and standardization across all geographies and regionsResponsibilities
Work Proactively And Productively With The Following Key Stakeholders
- Solutions and aligned services positioning and packaging
- Assess market conditions and requirements for services aligned to telco and edge solutions and work closely with the CXS Portfolio Product team to ensure alignment to BU-defined business solutions
- Gather detailed business and technical requirements from the field, BUs, customers and partners
- Define and create the security solution / sales plays assets aligned to VMware’s Outcome-Focused Approach
- Promote services to the field teams responsible for positioning and selling services and act as SME
- Participate in the sales process to understand business objectives and product requirements, define and recommend effective solutions and services approaches
- Enable the field teams to successfully sell and deliver services for security solutions
- Work independently and proactively as a team with other Solution Architects and Outcome Engineering teams to ensure underlying services are in place to support the solutions
- Participate in sales activities to validate the created solutions
Attributes And Experience
- Sales teams responsible for positioning and selling business solutions (e.g. CXS Sales, License Sales, Pre-sales Engineers)
- Business units and other corporate groups who produce business solutions
- Corporate and Field Marketing teams
- There is consistently excellent and frictionless partnership with other CXS functions
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Customer Success, Professional Services, or Solution / Sales Engineering
- Domain Expertise/Experience with VMware technologies.
- Services / solutions development experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values always
- Proficiency in seeing the “big picture” with internal constituents and customers and how the key drivers of your efforts and deliverables related to each other and overall success
- Demonstrated project leadership experience
- Polished public speaking and presentation skills
- Fluency in additional languages is a definite plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50% globally when travel is applicable again.
#LIRemoteThis job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Business LeadershipFull Time/ Part Time:
Full TimePosted Date:
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Equal Employment Opportunity
Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.