Staff Network Engineer (Remote work across Malaysia)
Job Summary ::
As an Information Technologist in a dynamic environment and group. Position involves design, implementation and ongoing support for a worldwide-based enterprise network environment. Position includes testing, design, deployment, and support of day-to-day operational tasks as well as project management. Solid technical and interpersonal skills are required to ensure all initiatives align with business goals and objectives. Candidate must be able to interface effectively with users, peers and management to articulate project planning and updates while demonstrating ownership, camaraderie, and attention to detail.
Your responsibilitie s ::
- As part of the Network Operations Team, provide support for day-to-day operational tasks associated with management of an enterprise network environment. This includes securing and operating all facets of LAN, WAN, WLAN, and Voice services.
- Manage network projects which will include solution design, development of plans, project schedules and communication of status updates on project milestones.
- Provide support to remote sites, working with site personnel to identify and resolve network related issues.
- Provide 24x7 on-call coverage in rotation with peers covering network-related services.
- Occasional project-based travel and flexible to work outside of local business hours.
Engineer that we need ::
- Degree holder in IT Engineering or other similar technical discipline
- 5+ years’ experience required with design, implementation&supporting a multi-site IP-based network environment
- Knowledge of Layer 2/3 switching, IP routing technologies,Experience with configuring and troubleshooting network switches and routers is required.
- Supporting WAN architectures, TDM and Ethernet, site-to-site VPN , frame relay or MPLS is desirable.
- Knowledge of security frameworks.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of NGFW with UTM and ATP.
- Fortinet experience a plus.
- Scripting languages (i.e. python, expect, and PowerShell for network automation and API integration experience preferred. Ansible experience a plus.)
This is a remote work position where we provide flexibility to work at home or anywhere you like!
You could save on commuting and time, staying away from office politics, and finally having a great balance of work and family life!