At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About Design Specialty
The Design Specialty in Manila aims to be the best design company in the world. That starts with hiring the best people and best designers to support the different teams in Canva.
Performance Marketing is a team supported by the Brand Creative subspecialty of the Design Specialty. The team is also under the Marketing & Engagement group. Performance Marketing ensures that internal and external communications are on-brand and helps provide design support across marketing teams.
About Marketing & Engagement
The Marketing & Engagement Group’s mission is for Canva “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. We are scaling our team, budgets and operations to drive brand awareness and growth in our 100+ markets around the world. Marketing is still new as a function at Canva, and so we’re building a lot of our structures, cadences, budgets, processes and systems from the ground up.
With our mission to amplify Canva's story across digital touchpoints while driving sustainable growth & revenue through automation and intelligence.
You’ll work as part of our Growth Marketing Creative team, supporting the production squad. This role will cover a wide range of creative responsibilities from ideation, style framing, storyboarding, layout and art direction.
They will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing engaging ad creatives for our various growth marketing efforts. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how growth marketing looks at Canva, delivering a wide variety of creative campaigns for our paid social channels.
What you will be doing...
- Storyboarding and producing keyframes for motion assets to be used in our video creatives. They will work closely with the motion and video squad.
- Moodboarding and producing hero imagery for static creative assets. Work closely with creative leads in fleshing out moodboards for pitch
- Brand Illustration occasionally illustrate for the team’s internal and external requirements
We'd love it if you...
- 2+ years experience as a visualizer / graphic designer / art director, creating a diverse range of branding and advertising campaigns.
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation which you can use effectively in producing engaging ad creatives.
- Up-to-date knowledge of various design mediums, and how best to leverage them.
- A working knowledge in Advanced Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Basic Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Knowledge in Figma or Sketch is a bonus!
- Good grasp of brand thinking, can easily understand the Canva visual language and tone of the brand.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for illustration, graphic design, branding and advertising.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Good communication skills to collaborate with remote creative teams, and be able to sell ideas on creative brainstorms.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
Competencies for success...
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so best to show us your best sample campaigns or projects.
- You’re a hustler! While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcome.
What you'll love at Canva...
- HMO with 2 Dependents on Day 1
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Professional educational allowance - we care about your growth
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations