FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Strategic Information Advisor for an anticipated USAID Burma TB and HIV Integrated Activity .
The Strategic Information (SI) Advisor will design, develop strategies for monitoring and evaluating quality assurance; lead designing of special quantitative and qualitative studies, size estimations, surveillance tools, and data monitoring and audit systems that serve to inform and optimize evidence-based programming; and advocate for evidence-based project and policy and programming improvements. The SI Advisor will work closely with the COP and other team members to enhance or develop systems across sites to monitor service delivery and performance in real-time to improve service quality and impact and to meet reporting requirements. S/he will work across technical teams to provide leadership, advice and/or training on appropriate results frameworks and knowledge management practices for the project and its strategies. The Senior SI Advisor will systematically strengthen the alignment of program strategies and activities to global evidence and lessons learned from program data and client experiences, drawing upon knowledge management, operations research, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Provide technical leadership for monitoring and evaluation to implement high-quality care, treatment and support activities with a primary focus on the technical areas of M&E for HIV/AIDS and TB programming including logistics; data collection; validation; and reporting.
- Provide technical oversight, compilation of M&E data for inclusion in monthly and quarterly reports and other ad hoc reporting requests.
- Review M&E plans, papers and reports and ensures their accuracy and appropriateness by analyzing and interpreting project information and data throughout the project lifecycle by articulating findings and their relationship to broader project strategies.
- Communicate complex data driven technical analysis to diverse audiences and provide supportive supervision to establish statistical standards and ensure consistency and conformity of database management across teams and overall project.
- Develop and support continuous quality improvement systems in the project to ensure ongoing program improvement and reaching of targets.
- Ensure program data are tracked, verified and supporting documentation is maintained and reported to FHI 360 and donor requirements
- Lead efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting, which may include working with program stakeholders and partners to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV and TB services, activities and ensure data quality.
- Communicate with internal and external partners and articulate their data/information needs and leverages both remote and on-site technologies to facilitate collection, analysis, creation, and dissemination of knowledge products.
- Strengthen knowledge management for the project’s performance measurement systems to better monitor performance against operational priorities and advance the strategic interests of the organization.
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 5-8 years working on designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and analyzing data to support performance improvement of programs funded by PEPFAR. Experience working on M&E of vulnerable populations programs is preferable;
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, managing online databases to ensure easy access to data and data reports; experience in Tableau or Power BI preferred;
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR or TB supported program;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analyses and make recommendations based on findings;
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R.
- Must have extensive knowledge in collaboration, learning, and adapting concepts.
- Must have exceptional writing, communications and presentation skills in the English language and fluency in local language.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers .
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.