The Institute of Data is a Professional Network of Data Scientists, Cyber Security Analysts and Digital Marketers. In partnership with leading universities, the government of Singapore and hundreds of employers, we transform careers for a data-driven world.
The Institute of Data operates in the information technology sector. Demand for our training products is driven by the information capability recruitment needs of business. These capabilities, in the areas of security, compliance, operational efficiency, growth and decision making are more important to business now than ever before.
Our courses are unlike those offered at traditional education providers. With remote and in- person, you can up-skill from anywhere. Beyond learning knowledge, process and theory, you will experience the real power of practical training by industry experts – allowing you to confidently practice and work in the industry.
About the Role
Due to continued growth we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and highly organised Student Services Associate to join our team. The SSA will work collaboratively with the Student Services team to provide support to students in a range of settings, encourage positive engagement and achievement.
Working closely with the Student Experience Manager, the SSA will support staff in delivering Student Support Programs that encourage positive behaviours. The successful applicant will assist with students at educational risk and work closely with students who have differing needs. The role requires the application of intervention strategies in order to provide a responsible and effective support service for students to ensure they successfully complete their course.
Ideally the successful applicant will have the ability to communicate effectively (written and orally) with all stakeholders, and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to develop positive partnerships with students, staff and wider community. They will be able to work independently as well as collaboratively and be able to prioritise to ensure tasks are completed within set deadlines.
- Assists students with questions related to course navigation, academic policies, course expectations, technical assistance, and other student support
- Provides on-going student retention efforts
- Calls students to procure proper forms and paperwork as needed
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to leaders.
- College functions and events coordination and organising
- Administration duties including student services, communication and marketing
- Positive attitude & optimistic attitude
- Solution focussed
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
- Customer focussed
- Strong Communications both written & spoken
What we offer:
- Training and mentorship from senior business leaders
- Supportive and positive culture
- Structured internal career pathways
- Regular community, team and virtual events
- Remote working environment
Must have full working rights in Singapore