ClickHouse has arrived: we are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches . By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
ClickHouse is searching for individuals who are not just knowledgeable about what they do, but want to learn more. Our ideal candidates are thinkers and doers who are not afraid to take on various roles and responsibilities as they grow with the company. If you are looking for a place to build something new, be an agent of change, and have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the company’s success, this is the place for you.
What you will be doing:
We are currently setting up our support organisation to start providing excellent service to our customers around the world. As part of such a nascent team, you will be contributing in designing and building a lot of the required tooling for the team to be efficient. We hope to find you suggesting and implementing improvements to our Support services workflows. This is a great opportunity for someone ready to roll up their sleeves and build our future!
For this role, we are specifically looking for someone who lives in UTC+7 to UTC+10 timezones in order to ensure appropriate support coverage for our customers.
Example of projects you might contribute to:
- Create a tool allowing us to easily replicate issues or bug that customers might encounter
- Building and maintaining diagnostic tool to standardize how we are collecting informations about customer’s deployments
- Design and help implementing a powerful knowledge base to help our customers using our product
And of course:
- You will deliver excellent customer service as a front-line engineer and representative of ClickHouse. Our Support Engineers provide professional response and guidance within the required Service Level Agreement ("SLA") on technical cases that are opened via a ticketing system, email, Slack, and/or phone.
- You build strong, trusted relationships with colleagues, customers, and partners.
What you will bring along/ Who you are:
- Proven experience and excellence within a technical support organization
- Technical breadth and depth in relevant subjects, for example ClickHouse DBMS or similar, OLAP, Cloud/SaaS platforms, distributed systems software engineering, Linux/Unix, Kubernetes, System or Network Administration, and/or big data and analytics platforms
- Be present and available according to the scheduling required to deliver high-quality 24x7 Support in a global, distributed environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a mindset of teamwork, global engagement, empathy, and solving challenging problems
- A sense of adventure and urgency in building the most scalable, high performing, largest, and fastest databases on the planet
- Self-driven, curious, and eager to continuously learn and grow
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with software developers, product managers, teachers, consultants, account representatives, and the ClickHouse or any other Open Source community to deliver an amazing user and customer experience
- Passion for applying open-source software technology to massive data sets in order to solve complex questions and improve the world in which we live
- Flexible work environment- All of our roles are fully remote. We do not check when you log in or out. You are the owner of your calendar because work-life balance is important to us.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits. We aim to be a best-in-class provider for all of our employees.
- Equity- Any new team member who joins our company is eligible to receive stock options.
- Our competitive time-off policy complies with all local country laws at a minimum of given time off + all paid bank holidays
ClickHouse, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.