Systems Design at Catalyze
We see Systems Design as a mindset and a practice; a discipline that involves looking at processes – existing or planned – in a holistic way to identify how they can be improved or created with reduced impact on natural ecosystems. For us, a key aspect of Systems Design is the obsessive focus on users and how they interact to ensure that what we design fully responds to their needs, motivations and abilities – and the environment they operate in.
We are hiring a Systems Design Consultant with a track record in designing solutions that have been successfully implemented, with demonstrable results. He/she will be expected to work closely with our clients, our creative team and in particular with our Research, Behaviour Change Design and Creative Design experts.
Employment type: part time or project-based available.
Location: Remote working
This position will require occasional travel to other provinces in Indonesia, and possibly to other countries in Southeast Asia. We’re open for applicants from outside Indonesia, however priority will be given to candidates located in Indonesia and holding valid working permits to work in Indonesia.
- Prepare client and partner proposals in collaboration with the team, and present them to clients
- Develop the internal briefs and plans necessary for the successful implementation of the projects, in collaboration with the account/project manager
- Coordinate with the Research team member(s) in assessing the research needs for each assignments/projects, and participate in research efforts wherever necessary
- Supervise the iterative process of systems design, including prototyping, testing and refining of the designed system until it operates according to the goals that have been set
- Liaise where necessary with client/partner
- Document the learning from each project and contribute to the reporting process, in collaboration with team members
- Continuously refine the systems design process at Catalyze to achieve higher efficiencies for the team and for our clients
- Represent Catalyze at relevant events/fora in Indonesia and beyond
- Contribute to the development of communication materials that document the systems design projects for a range of media, e.g. website, social media etc.
- You have played a leadership role in designing or improving systems that have been successfully implemented, with demonstrable results, in Indonesia or the SE Asian region
- Preferably your work has exposed you to principles of the Circular Economy, and you have had the opportunity to consider the interactions between these principles and systems design, even in theory
- A good understanding of Life Cycle Analysis will be considered a plus
Your skills and traits
- A strong desire to put systems design at the service of positive environmental change
- Ample curiosity and a fascination with small details and how they shape systems
- Ability to zoom in and out of problems, and grasping both the big picture and the details that stand in the way
- Comfortable with uncertainty and confident to navigate it to achieve the desired results
- A keen sense of the interplay between organizational dynamics, and logistics and operations in the corporate context
- Ability to ‘read’ the local context and to immerse yourself in a variety of different situations and contexts to understand them
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, assured self-confidence
- Diplomatic acumen, firmness in making decisions
- Outstanding organizational and time-planning skills
Are you interested?
Please apply with your motivation letter (approx. 300 words/half page) together with your CV to our Linkedin.