About the Role
The Talent Manager is responsible for the career outcomes and experience of our programs. This key role ensures that our students, graduates and members are engaged, acquiring the right skills and being hired by industry.
An effective Talent Manager will support our students and graduates, motivating them on their journey and monitoring their progress. You will be responsible for assisting students in updating their resume and profile and helping to stay motivated during their job search.
Our students are graduating with skills in data science and cyber security and have a number of opportunity pathways open to them. You will match them to specific employers, recruiters and consultants. In addition, you will support their career transition through the interview, offer and negotiation process.
Goals and Objectives
- Maximise the job outcomes rate and student/member experience
- Build strong relationships within Industry including hiring managers, business leaders and recruiters
- High energy hiring events and industry events for community members and industry participants
- Ensure that student and member operational processes are operating to create an outstanding user experience for all stakeholders
- Maintain high production standards for the course and programs
- Support the quality of the team by assisting with HR and recruitment duties
- Ensure each and every graduate maximises their potential and achieves a job suitable for their skills, aptitude and goals and IMDA requirements
- Motivate, coach and keep students personally accountable for maximising their potential
- Understand students on a personal level to support weaknesses and extend strengths
- Assist with resumes, linkedin profiles, presentation, manner and interview technique
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Proactively build relationships within Data Science & Cyber Security
- Lead the facilitation of introductions and connections to the hiring managers, recruiters and industry executives in the IOD community
- Onboard new industry partners and host them at hiring events and webinars which we host on a monthly basis
Experience and Requirements
- University graduate preferred, but not required
- Human resources, agency recruitment and/or sales experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrates drive, resilience, adaptability, focus and initiative to see opportunities and act fast.
- Passion for data and it’s transformational potential for businesses and careers