POSITION TITLE: TB/MDR TB Technical Manager, LATT - M Project
REPORTS TO:Team Lead Latt– M Project
LOCATION: Yangon, Myanmar
FHI 360 envisions a world in which all individuals and communities have the opportunity to reach their highest potential. Our mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360 has worked to improve lives in Myanmar since 2012, building capacity in multiple sectors, including health, nutrition, food and agriculture, civil society, the media and governance.
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of TB/MDR TB Technical Manager, LATT– M project, FHI 360 Myanmar.
Local Action Towards TB-Free Myanmar (LATT-M), is a 3 year USAID-supported project fully supported, led by Pyi Gyi Khin (PGK) in partnership with FHI 360 Myanmar and PHOENIX Association. LATT – M will support the National TB Program (NTP) to accelerate national progress towards a TB-free Myanmar by 2035 through mobilizing and establishing the first civil society TB community network at national and regional levels. FHI 360 Myanmar will provide technical assistance to LATT – M consortium partners.
LATT– M TB/MDR TB Technical Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to develop strategies on PMDT scale up, adapt training materials, facilitate planning and conduct trainings, including training-of-trainers (TOTs) for partners, healh care providers, network members and community members.
- Participate in workshops, task force groups and expert committees to identify policy, technical and programmatic gaps in MDR-TB diagnosis, treatment and infection control.
- Provide technical support in developing systems, tools, job aids, and IEC materials as required for improving diagnosis and treatment of TB, TB/HIV and MDR-TB services, infection prevention, monitoring and supervision.
- Prepare information for inclusion in all project reports and assist the LATT-M team to document lessons learned and best practices of the LATT-M project
- Provide technical assistance to develop evidence-based research on the comprehensive MDR-TB Care Package
- Develop management skills (i.e. regarding USAID rules and policies) and build technical capacity of partners
- Lead pilot testing of the comprehensive support care package for drug resistant (DR) TB
- Deliver technical assistance (TA) for developing advocacy, communication and social mobilization (ACSM) campaigns, including through social media
- Support TA to develop community feedback mechanism (CFM) tools and modules
- Provide TA for TB preventive therapy (TPT), including advocating for national guideline revision and updating
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Medical Doctor or Master Degree in Public Health preferred.
- At least five years of experience in TB Control
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and working environment
- Excellent language skills (written and spoken) in both Myanmar language and English
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office package, particularly MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 25% to project sites
- Myanmar national
- Prior experience working in a non governmental organization and environment
Selection of final applicant is subject to approval of the LATT – M prime.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.