The GBV Response Team leader shall conduct regular field visits including by boat and will be expected to perform the following duties:
Program Management and Leadership
- Lead the implementation of all Gender-Based Violence response activities carried out in the 8 Women and Girls Centers in camps and villages in Sittwe and Pauktaw
- Oversee the sound implementation of case management activities in the Women and Girls Centers
- Supervise GBV Response officers and assistants, and ensure they comply with their duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical support and management to the GBV Information Management Officer
- Contribute to donor reporting on Response activites and to nationwide and international GBVIMS reports
- Monitor GBV Response team spending and budgets, contribute to the overall GBV team budget monitoring
- The Response Team Leader should be prepared to support the Prevention Team leader and the GBV Manager in the overall management of the Women and Girls’ Centres including Prevention activities, and to contribute to the delivery of any emergency response programming
Technical oversight and Staff Capacity Development
- Support GBV team members and center based staff in capacity building, GBV response activities and updating GBVIMS as necessary.
- Support the GBV manager and GBV Specialist in the harmonization of tools, resources, activities and methodologies of response activities in Rakhine state
- Identify gaps and capacity building needs of GBV team members and field based staff in GBV response
- Inform and support the GBV manager in identifying gaps and evidence on overall case management in Sittwe and Pauktaw
- Co facilitate with the GBV manager training on caring for survivors, GBV case management, GBV IMS and other workshops that meet the learning needs of the team
GBV Response Oversight:
- Provide ongoing and meticulous technical support, mentoring and coaching to caseworkers and GBV officer to provide quality survivor-centered care to women affected by Gender Based Violence
- Ensure that international standards and survivor-centered approach are respected and implemented throughout the case management process
- Support the GBV team in conducting proper follow up of GBV cases
- Supervise all assistants and officers within the response team. Complete Performance Evaluations,
- Support GBV manager in the recruitment of GBV officers and GBV assistants as needed
- Evaluate the performance of GBV officers every 6 months
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- University (BA/BSc) degree in the relevant field.
- 3 years' relevant experience working the humanitarian or development organization, with excellent references. At least 2 years working for women protection and or empowerment required
- Previous experience in case management oversight and GBV activities required
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving gender equality, promoting womens leadership and eliminating discrimination and violence against women
- Willingness to serve women affected by violence on the basis of need regardless of their ethnic background. Specifically, prepared to work with both Rakhine Buddhist and Muslim communities.
- Proven leadership skills and experience supervising staff
- Experience in social work or counseling is an asset
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Burmese and English. Additional local languages would be an asset.
- Understanding of operational context in Rakhine State.
- Experience in counseling or reproductive health
- Rakhine and Muslim language skills
- Prefer women candidates
- Starting date of employment: (as soon as possible).
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and CV only applications will not be considered. Apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After the closing date, applications are not to be considered. Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and DRC reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline for application.
Deadline for submission of applications: 21-July-2020