Join our team either remotely or in office in Singapore. This role can be based in any location within the APAC region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp, and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest
How We Work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Technical Account Manager
As our Technical Account Manager (TAM) you will serve as a designated technical support contact and a trusted advisor to MessageBird’s top customers. You will work to deliver and manage the resolution of complex issues with the full context and understanding of the customer's specific product and technology environment. TAMs will orchestrate reactive and proactive support across MessageBird's Support, Product, and Engineerings teams as necessary. By maintaining a long-term relationship with your set of customers, you’ll gain an understanding of the customer’s overall technical environment, usage trends, and pain points - which is used by the TAM and the rest of the support organization to effectively support customers.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll bring:
- Serve as the primary point of contact, develop and lead the technical relationships for a specific set of accounts
- Work closely with your accounts’ Sales & Customer Success Managers to ensure the customer’s long term health through a world-class support experience
- Manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues across multiple client engagements. Work across the organization and escalate as necessary for confirmation of solutions or other options
- Effectively troubleshoot, properly document, and regularly update customer’s support issues
- Submit software bug reports to the Engineering team for problems needing attention
- Partner with Product and Engineering to develop subject matter expertise and serve as a product expert to your customers
- Develop, maintain and present comprehensive case status reports to customers on a regularly scheduled meeting
- Proactively identify and work with the customer to resolve technical risks and bottlenecks. Provide guidance on how to optimize their product usage
It would be nice if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Support of enterprise customers
- 2+ years of experience supporting API’s and web development technologies.
- You love to help people solve problems and you have the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience via phone, video conference, and other channels
- You’re great at time management, task prioritization, and evaluation of situational urgency
- MessageBird operates a 24/7 support center, the ability to work weekends and holidays as needed may be required to support our key accounts.
- Travel to customers' locations may be required
Psst … some added perks
- Basic familiarity with network routing and/or telecom connectivity
- Understanding of development languages such as Java, PHP, JSON
- Experience building and supporting API’s
- Experience working in a 24/7 customer support environment
- Experience with the Telecom, CPaaS and/or SaaS industry
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!)
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly way
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
Work with us and build the data-driven communications company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.
Read MessageBird's Recruitment Privacy Statement