Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company's nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company's GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Technical Applications Scientist provides front line technical support to NanoString customers. This individual will support all products and applications in pre-sales and post-sales and will also support both customers and colleagues with experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis. This individual will be expected to interface with a variety of internal groups including the Field Application Scientists, Sales, Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, Instrument Service, and Shipping and Regulatory teams. The role provides critical logistical, administrative, and systems support to the broader Customer Experience team.
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Provide technical consultation via phone and email for customers using NanoString's products or are interested in using NanoString's products
- Collaborate with internal R&D, Marketing, Sales, Service, and Field Applications teams in supporting and resolving complex customer and/or product issues
- Evaluate and interpret instrument log files to troubleshoot and identify a path for issue resolution
- Provide feedback to other internal teams: R&D, Product management, etc. for product improvements and enhancement based on customer feedback and experience
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the processes used by the global support teams to address the needs of our customers
- Assist with organizational and administrative tasks for the global Customer Support Team
- Use a Customer Resource Management system to document customer issues and inquiries and provide input into its continual improvement and adoption by the broader global team
- Assist with the development of technical information including technical notes, application notes, and white papers
- Minimum of a Master's degree in a Biological or Biomedical engineering Field, Ph.D. preferred.
- 3+ years in a research or technology development capacity role in the biomedical sciences
- Understanding of scientific instrumentation sufficient for interpreting system log files
- Experience in mechanical engineering or biomedical field service desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills exemplified by clear written documentation communicating complex information
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger cross-functional team supporting complex technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Focused research/academic experience in Immunology, Immuno-oncology, neurobiology, and/or cancer biology highly preferred
- Experience and/or deep understanding of the following areas highly preferred: Gene Expression analysis, miRNA, IHC, FlowCytometry, RNASeq, QPCR, and Protein Expression assays
- Experience in mechanical engineering or biomedical field service
- Experience with bio-statistics and computational data analysis
- Customer support experience preferred
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.Accommodations
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact [email protected]