Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in USD.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has an office established in Myanmar since late 2013. The PATH Myanmar Country Program is currently implementing a broad portfolio of activities on a range of health issues including Nutrition, Vaccines and Immunization Systems Strengthening, Maternal and Child Health, Sexual and Reproductive Health, and Infectious Diseases.
PATH seeks a Technical Lead (Tuberculosis) to lead an anticipated five-year, USAID/PEPFAR-funded HIV/TB Agency, Information and Services Activity (HIV/TB AIS) project in Myanmar.
The successful candidate will contribute to the elimination of TB in Myanmar by reaching every person with TB, curing those in need of treatment, and preventing the spread of disease and new infections. The Technical Lead (TB) will be responsible for ensuring the technical soundness, high quality, and safety of the interventions delivered, in alignment with the national guidelines and other normative guidance and global best practices, such as PEPFAR’s Asia Regional Operational Plan and the National TB Control Strategy incorporated in Myanmar’s National Strategic Plan 2021-2025. The Technical Lead (TB) reports to the Chief of Party.
**Note: "This position is contingent upon donor funding. All offers are conditional upon donor approval"**
· Lead the Technical Design and Implementation of high-quality TB services and ensure the needs of beneficiaries are holistically addressed.
· Provide technical assistance to develop strategies on TB prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services, while also testing, optimizing, and scaling TB technology and differentiated service delivery innovations.
· Ensure that project strategies and approaches are evidence-based, technically sound, and aligned with strategies outlined for Myanmar in PEPFAR’s Asia Regional Operational Plan and the National TB Control Strategy incorporated in Myanmar’s National Strategic Plan 2021-2025.
· Lead, oversee, and coordinate the Technical TB team to implement a high quality, results-oriented project to achieve the project goals and expected results.
·Provide technical support for the country’s adoption of new global normative guidance and new innovations policies as well as timely scale-up.
· Lead the development of TB-specific training materials, standard operating procedures, job aids and supportive supervision tools needed to ensure technical excellence, quality, and good client outcomes.
· Conduct regular data utilization and analysis to inform data-driven project implementation in order to ensure an adaptive project management approach.
· Participate and provide leadership in technical working groups, workshops, task force groups, and expert committees to identify gaps in TB diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
· Provide strong technical leadership, support planning, capacity strengthening, and coordination of all activities including the work of sub-partners, and participate in all relevant working groups.
· Lead the development of annual work plans, progress reports, and other required deliverables.
· Monitor implementation of TB-specific activities and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation plans against approved work plans and budgets to ensure that project outcomes are accomplished, as well as targets achieved on time and monitoring and evaluation plans are in line with PEPFAR MER 2.5.Coordinate with Government of Myanmar officials and other key stakeholders, including other USAID implementing partners, relevant government agencies, other NGOs/CBOs, and multilateral stakeholders.
· Assist the Chief of Party with all TB technical and management aspects of project implementation, while collaborating with the Technical Lead (HIV) to ensure achievement of outcomes.
· Produce and disseminate key project results through success stories, presentations, conference abstracts/posters, journal articles, and other mediums, at local-, regional-, and international forums to share experiences and best practices.
· Advanced degree (Medical, Masters or PhD) in Public Health or related field;
· A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience working in the health sector, with demonstrated experience in implementing innovative programs that improve TB outcomes, particularly among key and vulnerable populations;
· Strong understanding of Public Health, Health Systems, and Health Policy and practices in Myanmar, particularly as relates to TB and HIV;
· Experience leading TB prevention and treatment projects in Myanmar or a similar context;
· Proven skills in managing international donor assistance projects; knowledge of and experience working with the U.S. government, including USAID and PEPFAR, is strongly preferred;
· Proven record of developing and maintaining strong and effective partnerships with diverse groups of stakeholders, including host government agencies, donors, civil society, private sector, and community-based organizations implementing TB programming in Myanmar;
·Excellent professional written and oral communication skills in English and Burmese.
Must have legal authorization to work in Myanmar.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
· PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
· All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
· Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected].