Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Bangkok, Thailand.
Remote location(s): Thailand.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of leadership experience in operations engineering.
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing NPI operations, quality and test.
- Experience in leading or supporting multiple projects.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer science, Mechanical Engineering or a similar technical discipline.
- 10 years of experience in technical operations in various industry technologies like consumer equipment, networking, server, storage, etc.
- 10 years of technical management experience.
- Experience in software development practices such as Agile, revision control and unit testing.
About The Job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this physical infrastructure. As a Technical Operations Lead, you'll provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product lifecycle.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product lifecycle, and identify gaps and drive improvements in processes, products and suppliers.
- Develop and drive Operations objectives with the team, aligning with roadmap and overall departmental vision.
- Serve as a primary contact to Contract Manufacturers on build readiness during all phases of NPIs; facilitate build readiness assessment from technical standpoint.
- Oversee yield management activities including identifying and resolving yield detractors and overseeing all failure analysis activities of product issues identified during the build.
- Oversee hiring and bring up local technical resources such as product, test and manufacturing engineers; deploy complex technical solutions to the product line in partnership with functional subject-matter experts and Contract Manufacturers’s engineering services team.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .