Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- 3 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience building internal business tools.
- Experience designing or delivering technical curriculum.
- Experience managing cross-functional partnerships.
- Experience with Go, Spanner, or SQL.
- Ability to use data analysis to drive recommendations.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
About The Job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
As a Technical Program Manager in Google Technical Immersion (GTI), you will create and support engaging onboarding programs for Google's newest hires.
- Use technical acumen to improve project based learning for engineers, and manage educational initiatives and changes to the orientation program in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborate with volunteer coaches and instructors to amplify their impact, and drive stakeholder alignment across product areas at Google.
- Build tooling and infrastructure to increase team velocity and automate manual processes.
- Create metrics and dashboards to demonstrate impact.
- Troubleshoot technical challenges encountered by new hires and operations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .