Plentina is looking for ambitious project management applicants that are interested to join a Startup focused on financial inclusion
Plentina is an early-stage fintech startup on a mission to serve the world’s emerging middle class with access to accessible financial services. There are 4B underbanked people in the world, most of whom are in emerging markets that lack a viable credit infrastructure. We’re building new approaches to unlocking creditworthiness at scale for the world’s unbanked. Plentina was founded by two Stanford graduates that are alums of tech and finance giants including Google, NASA, Bridgewater Associates, and Charles Schwab.
Plentina is looking for a mission-driven, highly organized and ambitious project manager to help the launch of its most critical partnerships and build a path towards its Series A milestones and goals. This critical role for the organization will build simultaneous project management plans and coordinate across business functions (partnerships, operations, technology, data science) to execute an ambitious product and feature roadmap.
The exposure from the inner-workings of a startup is anticipated to accelerate the applicant’s business network and startup experience, aiding preparation of a future executive or founder role.
The Technical Project Manager will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
What is expected in the role:
- Manage critical tech projects (5-10+ projects) simultaneously that range from partner launches, feature updates up to new business lines
- Lead weekly team sprints for the engineering organization using Agile methodologies (stories, backlogs, kanban boards)
- Experience in project estimation and resource management for highly technical projects in collaboration with engineering and product management
- Capable of leading technical discussions with engineering, product, data science, business and ops teams while communicating timelines, and prioritization of projects to senior business executives in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate and lead with cross functional teams to deliver projects on time, escalate risks and blockers to executive team of Plentina and with partner executives
- Work with various stakeholders closely (Business, Product, Developers, Clients, Operations, Marketing)
- Create and manage project management artifacts including meeting notes, status reports and resource management worksheets
- Has ability to spot issues ahead of time and escalate quickly towards resolution
- Coordinate and run team meetings, create project schedules, send meeting notes, follow up on progress of the teams to move the project forward
- Communicates well across workstreams and stakeholders and motivates team to get projects executed
- Has understanding of tech-development process and able to train other team members
- Lead teams to streamline partner launch processes across the organization
- Embrace Silicon Valley business practices in Philippine and ASEAN operations
- Strong program/project management skills, maintaining multiple projects at the same time and ensuring quality deliverables with executive-level stakeholders
- Good understanding of software development principles and operations processes and consistent use of PM tools such as Asana, Trello, GitHub, MS Project, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to quick paced and changing priorities and manage multiple projects
- Has well developed facilitation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to perform in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to create presentations in Powerpoint/Google Slides. Experience working with remote teams and US-based remote leadership
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree (MBA or Masters) a plus but not required
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP or other Project management certification a plus but not required
- 3-5+ years of Software Development experience; 1-2+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Deep hands-on technical expertise and software development experience especially in mobile and fintech
Expected start date: ASAP