As a Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to support our customers and learn cutting edge technologies in the dynamic software security space.
- Having a strong customer service focus with the commitment to excellence and desire to delight customers and being a customer ambassador who is passionate about creating a positive customer experience
- Solving technical problems and delivering an experience so profound that customers love using our products and services and actively recommend them to others
- Learning and utilizing specific software tools and problem solving strategies to solve for customer issues and continuously improve our processes
- Handle customer complaints and escalations (via phone, email, remote desktop) by talking to customers directly.
- Ability to lead MTR Rapid Deployment service to customers and/or subscribers.
Skills & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of IT Security concepts, including antivirus, networking and encryption technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues via phone and email
- Ability to handle escalated calls while using good judgment to make sound recommendations
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills including but not limited to: Active Directory, SQL, Networking, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Linux/Unix, Mac, Microsoft Windows, Windows Server Administration, including Domain Controllers, Active Directory, IIS and SQL
- Knowledgeable on the following concepts: Security, Cloud, Data protection, Encryption, Malware, Spyware, Cyber Security, Firewalls, Antivirus and Disaster Recovery (is a plus)
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems
- Basic to intermediate experience on product implementation: pre-planning, understanding Scope of Work (SOW) and Change Control principles
Additional task for the role
- Technically experienced on Remote Deployment services particularly on applications and product plugins.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Mac OS and UNIX.
- Experience with deployment of software to windows computers using common automated software.
- Experience with basic command line/batch file scripting commands
- Experience with Virtualization (MS System Center Virtual Machine Manger and/or VMWARE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- CompTIA Security+, Network+, MCP or MCSE certifications (a plus)