Are you just as effective at transferring your software knowledge through writing as you are at troubleshooting root causes of software issues? Do you despise tribal knowledge and instead have a habit of leaving a legacy of written knowledge behind to support those that come after you?
If so, we need your rare talent of both technical depth and the ability to write exceptional instructions that anyone can follow to enable our radically differentiated support organization where each L1 agent supports dozens of products.
In this role, you will be assigned to one or two products and become the main support expert and the owner of the product knowledge base, taking full responsibility for its correctness, completeness and usability. With your efforts, our knowledge base will become a cornerstone technology that empowers our customers with self-service, enables AI-powered bots to close the simpler support tickets, and allows any L1 support agent to provide a solution that would WOW! our users.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be the best senior support engineer who loves converting thoughts and ideas into written solutions. In this role:
What You Won’t Be Doing
- You will learn to excel in high-scale problem-solving that directly impacts hundreds (thousands) of product users and support agents
- You will become hands-on with the latest most-advanced cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You will be the go-to expert for an enterprise software product used by Fortune 500 companies.
Technical Support Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Coaching, training or mentoring individual agents
- Direct communication with the customers
- Writing user manuals
- Make sure that 100% of support tickets are covered by complete, accurate and clear KB articles that are easy to apply step-by-step
- Act as a customer advocate, making sure that each technical solution provided was the best and the most optimal for the customer
- Curate the knowledge base ensuring that the articles are up-to-date, non-redundant and discoverable by the agents, customers and the answer bot
- A technical university degree in an IT-related field of study
- At least 5 years of experience in any of the following positions: Software Developer, Software Architect, DevOps, Database Administrator, Technical Support Engineer (L2/L3 or equivalent)
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4132-ID-Jakarta-TechnicalSuppo1.004